Rob Lowe and James Van Der Beek's Baseball Battle Turns Into Real Clash
Ageing teen sensations Rob Lowe and James Van Der Beek are at odds over a baseball clash after the former "West Wing" star accused the ex-"Dawson's Creek" lead of lying about a catch on U.S. TV. The two actors were on opposite sides in an all-star celebrity game in 2004 at Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles when Lowe hit what he thought was a sensational home run, only to watch Van Der Beek fly through the air, crash through a barrier and rob him of glory in front of his children, who were cheering their dad on.
Van Der Beek concedes he should have let the ball go, but he's upset that disappointed Lowe went on national TV and accused him of cheating. He says, "Rob went on 'The Tonight Show' and said that I didn't catch the ball, that it was rolling around on the ground, that I lied about catching it."
To hammer his point home, Van Der Beek showed photo footage of his great catch during an appearance on U.S. chat show "Lopez Tonight" on Tuesday, January 26. He added, "Rob, dude, it's evidence - indisputable digital evidence." The actor then challenged Lowe to come on comedian George Lopez's show and apologize to him.
More Rob Lowe News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media