Rob Lowe and James Van Der Beek's Baseball Battle Turns Into Real Clash
Ageing teen sensations Rob Lowe and James Van Der Beek are at odds over a baseball clash after the former "West Wing" star accused the ex-"Dawson's Creek" lead of lying about a catch on U.S. TV. The two actors were on opposite sides in an all-star celebrity game in 2004 at Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles when Lowe hit what he thought was a sensational home run, only to watch Van Der Beek fly through the air, crash through a barrier and rob him of glory in front of his children, who were cheering their dad on.
Van Der Beek concedes he should have let the ball go, but he's upset that disappointed Lowe went on national TV and accused him of cheating. He says, "Rob went on 'The Tonight Show' and said that I didn't catch the ball, that it was rolling around on the ground, that I lied about catching it."
To hammer his point home, Van Der Beek showed photo footage of his great catch during an appearance on U.S. chat show "Lopez Tonight" on Tuesday, January 26. He added, "Rob, dude, it's evidence - indisputable digital evidence." The actor then challenged Lowe to come on comedian George Lopez's show and apologize to him.
- New 'Bachelor in Paradise' Couple! Amanda Stanton and Robby Hayes Spotted on a Date
- Anne Hathaway Eyed to Replace Amy Schumer in Live-Action 'Barbie'
- 'Exhausted' Justin Bieber Cancels the Rest of 'Purpose' Tour Dates
- Rihanna Fuels Pregnancy Rumors With Bigger Boobs at 'Valerian' European Premiere
- ABC Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Grey's Anatomy', 'The Good Doctor' and More
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat