Kasabian's Tom Meighan Urges Liam Gallagher to Dump Oasis
Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan has urged Oasis singer Liam Gallagher to dump his bandmates and launch a solo career. Gallagher is adamant the Britpop stars will continue to record and play live despite his guitarist brother Noel Gallagher walking out on the band in 2009.
But fellow rocker Meighan, who is pals with both brothers, has advised Liam Gallagher to split the group for good - because it's "not Oasis" with Noel absent from the line-up. He tells British rock magazine Q, "I think Liam should go it alone. It's not Oasis without Noel, and I think they'd both agree with that. Did I see it coming? No, I can't say I did."
"I was in Germany doing a terrible festival when someone texted me they'd split up and I was as shocked as anyone. I texted Liam and Noel just to say, 'I am really sorry and best of luck,' to both of them. It's sad but the new music will be just amazing."
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her