Kasabian's Tom Meighan Urges Liam Gallagher to Dump Oasis
Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan has urged Oasis singer Liam Gallagher to dump his bandmates and launch a solo career. Gallagher is adamant the Britpop stars will continue to record and play live despite his guitarist brother Noel Gallagher walking out on the band in 2009.
But fellow rocker Meighan, who is pals with both brothers, has advised Liam Gallagher to split the group for good - because it's "not Oasis" with Noel absent from the line-up. He tells British rock magazine Q, "I think Liam should go it alone. It's not Oasis without Noel, and I think they'd both agree with that. Did I see it coming? No, I can't say I did."
"I was in Germany doing a terrible festival when someone texted me they'd split up and I was as shocked as anyone. I texted Liam and Noel just to say, 'I am really sorry and best of luck,' to both of them. It's sad but the new music will be just amazing."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival