Kasabian's Tom Meighan Urges Liam Gallagher to Dump Oasis
Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan has urged Oasis singer Liam Gallagher to dump his bandmates and launch a solo career. Gallagher is adamant the Britpop stars will continue to record and play live despite his guitarist brother Noel Gallagher walking out on the band in 2009.
But fellow rocker Meighan, who is pals with both brothers, has advised Liam Gallagher to split the group for good - because it's "not Oasis" with Noel absent from the line-up. He tells British rock magazine Q, "I think Liam should go it alone. It's not Oasis without Noel, and I think they'd both agree with that. Did I see it coming? No, I can't say I did."
"I was in Germany doing a terrible festival when someone texted me they'd split up and I was as shocked as anyone. I texted Liam and Noel just to say, 'I am really sorry and best of luck,' to both of them. It's sad but the new music will be just amazing."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed