Kasabian's Tom Meighan Urges Liam Gallagher to Dump Oasis
Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan has urged Oasis singer Liam Gallagher to dump his bandmates and launch a solo career. Gallagher is adamant the Britpop stars will continue to record and play live despite his guitarist brother Noel Gallagher walking out on the band in 2009.
But fellow rocker Meighan, who is pals with both brothers, has advised Liam Gallagher to split the group for good - because it's "not Oasis" with Noel absent from the line-up. He tells British rock magazine Q, "I think Liam should go it alone. It's not Oasis without Noel, and I think they'd both agree with that. Did I see it coming? No, I can't say I did."
"I was in Germany doing a terrible festival when someone texted me they'd split up and I was as shocked as anyone. I texted Liam and Noel just to say, 'I am really sorry and best of luck,' to both of them. It's sad but the new music will be just amazing."
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'