Michelle Williams Missed 'Blue Valentine' Screening Because of Daughter
Michelle Williams snubbed a screening of her movie "Blue Valentine" at the Sundance Film Festival - because her daughter Matilda Rose Ledger is too young to watch her steamy sex scenes. The actress shares several intimate moments with Ryan Gosling in the upcoming drama, which she has been busy promoting at the film event in Utah.
But when it came time to sit down and watch the film, Williams kept out of the cinema for the sake of Matilda, her four-year-old daughter with the late Heath Ledger. She tells MTV.com, "When the movie screened the other day, me and the kid, neither of us were old enough to watch that movie. So we colored in Tinker Bell pictures for two hours and played pirate games."
Gosling admits he was also nervous at the Sundance screening - because he brought his mum along as his date. He adds, "It's a racy movie, so it's hard to watch those scenes with so many people. I watched it with my mother, she was beside me. I gave her an iPod. And when the naughty scenes came on, I pressed 'play' and covered her eyes."
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner