Mel Gibson Keeps His Gun for His Family's Safety
Mel Gibson will go to any length to protect his girlfriend and new baby daughter - he keeps a gun "stowed away" at his home. The "Braveheart" star and his partner Oksana Grigorieva welcomed little Lucia in October 2009, and Gibson makes sure his family always feel safe at home.
The actor confesses he likes to keep a weapon close by - for fear of intruders breaking in and attacking him. Gibson says, "I did have bodyguards for a little while but it's a drag."
He adds, "If your number's up, it's up. If I'm lying in bed and somebody comes into my room, I'll either wake up or I won't. And I'll either hit 'em with my big stick that I've got or my gun that I have stowed away... or they'll hit me."
More Mel Gibson News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival