Mel Gibson Keeps His Gun for His Family's Safety
Mel Gibson will go to any length to protect his girlfriend and new baby daughter - he keeps a gun "stowed away" at his home. The "Braveheart" star and his partner Oksana Grigorieva welcomed little Lucia in October 2009, and Gibson makes sure his family always feel safe at home.
The actor confesses he likes to keep a weapon close by - for fear of intruders breaking in and attacking him. Gibson says, "I did have bodyguards for a little while but it's a drag."
He adds, "If your number's up, it's up. If I'm lying in bed and somebody comes into my room, I'll either wake up or I won't. And I'll either hit 'em with my big stick that I've got or my gun that I have stowed away... or they'll hit me."
More Mel Gibson News
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'