Mel Gibson Keeps His Gun for His Family's Safety
Mel Gibson will go to any length to protect his girlfriend and new baby daughter - he keeps a gun "stowed away" at his home. The "Braveheart" star and his partner Oksana Grigorieva welcomed little Lucia in October 2009, and Gibson makes sure his family always feel safe at home.
The actor confesses he likes to keep a weapon close by - for fear of intruders breaking in and attacking him. Gibson says, "I did have bodyguards for a little while but it's a drag."
He adds, "If your number's up, it's up. If I'm lying in bed and somebody comes into my room, I'll either wake up or I won't. And I'll either hit 'em with my big stick that I've got or my gun that I have stowed away... or they'll hit me."
More Mel Gibson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris