Avril Lavigne's Album Delay Not Caused by Her Split From Deryck Whibley
Avril Lavigne has dismissed rumors her upcoming album has been hindered by her fractured working relationship with ex-husband Deryck Whibley, insisting they are still the best of friends. Lavigne filed for divorce in 2009 after three years of marriage, citing "irreconcilable differences".
Her fourth studio album, "Pink Crust", is being produced by Sum 41 rocker Whibley, but the disc was pushed back from its original November 2009 release date and is reportedly now only likely to be ready in the summer 2010. But the "Complicated" hitmaker has brushed off rumours the project's delay is the result of tension between her and her ex in the studio - because the former lovers have a great working relationship.
She tells Ryan Seacrest's KIIS FM radio show, "We still work together all the time. He's one of my best friends... . We've been friends for a really long time, and we always will be. We're family and we have a connection. (We) work really well together."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl