Avril Lavigne's Album Delay Not Caused by Her Split From Deryck Whibley
Avril Lavigne has dismissed rumors her upcoming album has been hindered by her fractured working relationship with ex-husband Deryck Whibley, insisting they are still the best of friends. Lavigne filed for divorce in 2009 after three years of marriage, citing "irreconcilable differences".
Her fourth studio album, "Pink Crust", is being produced by Sum 41 rocker Whibley, but the disc was pushed back from its original November 2009 release date and is reportedly now only likely to be ready in the summer 2010. But the "Complicated" hitmaker has brushed off rumours the project's delay is the result of tension between her and her ex in the studio - because the former lovers have a great working relationship.
She tells Ryan Seacrest's KIIS FM radio show, "We still work together all the time. He's one of my best friends... . We've been friends for a really long time, and we always will be. We're family and we have a connection. (We) work really well together."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video