Russell Crowe Pushes Wife to Music Comeback
Russell Crowe is encouraging his wife Danielle Spencer to make a pop comeback, following a seven-year hiatus. Australian singer/actress Spencer married Crowe in 2003 and immediately settled down to become a mum to sons Charles and Tennyson, who were born in 2003 and 2006, respectively. But that meant turning her back on her pop career.
Now, Spencer is planning a comeback after recording a new album, "Calling All Magicians", and Crowe, who enjoyed his own musical success as the frontman of rock act 30 Odd Foot of Grunts, is thrilled. The Aussie singer says, "I did start (to write again) a couple of times and (I) did a whole stack of demos, and then fell pregnant, then (I) had a baby. And then I sort of felt like I wanted to be the security in my kids' lives for a while, because we move around so much."
"So I didn't want to be flitting off here, there and everywhere doing my own thing... Then my younger son got to the age of two and I just felt like... I've got space to do my thing. (Russell is) very supportive. He's been, for a while now, saying, 'You know, it's probably time you got back out there...' He's really, really behind it and he loves music and we love having a musical household, so he's like, 'Yeah, you go out and do it.'"
And Spencer is aware her relationship with the Hollywood actor will have an affect on her music: "There's a certain interest because of (Crowe), but there's also a certain resistance because of (Crowe), which is understandable."
More Russell Crowe News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences