Russell Crowe Pushes Wife to Music Comeback
Russell Crowe is encouraging his wife Danielle Spencer to make a pop comeback, following a seven-year hiatus. Australian singer/actress Spencer married Crowe in 2003 and immediately settled down to become a mum to sons Charles and Tennyson, who were born in 2003 and 2006, respectively. But that meant turning her back on her pop career.
Now, Spencer is planning a comeback after recording a new album, "Calling All Magicians", and Crowe, who enjoyed his own musical success as the frontman of rock act 30 Odd Foot of Grunts, is thrilled. The Aussie singer says, "I did start (to write again) a couple of times and (I) did a whole stack of demos, and then fell pregnant, then (I) had a baby. And then I sort of felt like I wanted to be the security in my kids' lives for a while, because we move around so much."
"So I didn't want to be flitting off here, there and everywhere doing my own thing... Then my younger son got to the age of two and I just felt like... I've got space to do my thing. (Russell is) very supportive. He's been, for a while now, saying, 'You know, it's probably time you got back out there...' He's really, really behind it and he loves music and we love having a musical household, so he's like, 'Yeah, you go out and do it.'"
And Spencer is aware her relationship with the Hollywood actor will have an affect on her music: "There's a certain interest because of (Crowe), but there's also a certain resistance because of (Crowe), which is understandable."
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs