Russell Crowe Pushes Wife to Music Comeback
Russell Crowe is encouraging his wife Danielle Spencer to make a pop comeback, following a seven-year hiatus. Australian singer/actress Spencer married Crowe in 2003 and immediately settled down to become a mum to sons Charles and Tennyson, who were born in 2003 and 2006, respectively. But that meant turning her back on her pop career.
Now, Spencer is planning a comeback after recording a new album, "Calling All Magicians", and Crowe, who enjoyed his own musical success as the frontman of rock act 30 Odd Foot of Grunts, is thrilled. The Aussie singer says, "I did start (to write again) a couple of times and (I) did a whole stack of demos, and then fell pregnant, then (I) had a baby. And then I sort of felt like I wanted to be the security in my kids' lives for a while, because we move around so much."
"So I didn't want to be flitting off here, there and everywhere doing my own thing... Then my younger son got to the age of two and I just felt like... I've got space to do my thing. (Russell is) very supportive. He's been, for a while now, saying, 'You know, it's probably time you got back out there...' He's really, really behind it and he loves music and we love having a musical household, so he's like, 'Yeah, you go out and do it.'"
And Spencer is aware her relationship with the Hollywood actor will have an affect on her music: "There's a certain interest because of (Crowe), but there's also a certain resistance because of (Crowe), which is understandable."
More Russell Crowe News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media