Jude Law Relieved Since Robert Pattinson Takes Over His Heartthrob Title
Jude Law is happy to surrender his status as a Hollywood heartthrob to Robert Pattinson - insisting the young "Twilight" actor has already taken his place. Law, 37, is convinced he is now too old to be considered a pin-up, especially as so many young stars are breaking into the movie business and securing legions of loyal followers.
And the Brit is relieved he can finally shed his image as a Hollywood hunk - because he has always been uncomfortable with the title. He tells Germany's Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper, "If I have a look around at the moment I feel great relief because finally others are entering the limelight. Men like Robert Pattinson must now play the Adonis. For me it was always a restraint, a restriction."
"My goal was always to be recognized as a good actor but no one was interested in that, simply because society just wants to warm towards your appearance. This is the great blemish of society," the "Sherlock Holmes actor reveals. "When you suddenly appear on the scene and you are the new face, everything centers on you. I experienced this in my mid-20s and I found it rather hard."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!