Jude Law Relieved Since Robert Pattinson Takes Over His Heartthrob Title
Jude Law is happy to surrender his status as a Hollywood heartthrob to Robert Pattinson - insisting the young "Twilight" actor has already taken his place. Law, 37, is convinced he is now too old to be considered a pin-up, especially as so many young stars are breaking into the movie business and securing legions of loyal followers.
And the Brit is relieved he can finally shed his image as a Hollywood hunk - because he has always been uncomfortable with the title. He tells Germany's Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper, "If I have a look around at the moment I feel great relief because finally others are entering the limelight. Men like Robert Pattinson must now play the Adonis. For me it was always a restraint, a restriction."
"My goal was always to be recognized as a good actor but no one was interested in that, simply because society just wants to warm towards your appearance. This is the great blemish of society," the "Sherlock Holmes actor reveals. "When you suddenly appear on the scene and you are the new face, everything centers on you. I experienced this in my mid-20s and I found it rather hard."
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface
- See Jason Momoa and Amber Heard Together for the First Time in 'Aquaman' Set Photo
- Heidi Klum Gets Back Together With Vito Schnabel After His Cheating Scandal
- Katy Perry Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Flashes Her Underwear on Stage
- Eddie Vedder Delivers Emotional Tribute to Chris Cornell at Amsterdam Show
- Camilla Recalls 'Horrid' Time After Prince Charles Affair Was Revealed
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Sails to No. 1 at Box Office, 'Baywatch' Sinks
- Jealous Ryan Seacrest May Drop 'American Idol' Over Katy Perry's $25 Million Paycheck