Jude Law Relieved Since Robert Pattinson Takes Over His Heartthrob Title
Jude Law is happy to surrender his status as a Hollywood heartthrob to Robert Pattinson - insisting the young "Twilight" actor has already taken his place. Law, 37, is convinced he is now too old to be considered a pin-up, especially as so many young stars are breaking into the movie business and securing legions of loyal followers.
And the Brit is relieved he can finally shed his image as a Hollywood hunk - because he has always been uncomfortable with the title. He tells Germany's Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper, "If I have a look around at the moment I feel great relief because finally others are entering the limelight. Men like Robert Pattinson must now play the Adonis. For me it was always a restraint, a restriction."
"My goal was always to be recognized as a good actor but no one was interested in that, simply because society just wants to warm towards your appearance. This is the great blemish of society," the "Sherlock Holmes actor reveals. "When you suddenly appear on the scene and you are the new face, everything centers on you. I experienced this in my mid-20s and I found it rather hard."
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer