Orlando Bloom Not Joining Upcoming 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Movie
British actor Orlando Bloom has confirmed he has quit the "Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise. The Brit played Will Turner in the first three movies and bosses but he won't be a part of a planned fourth film, which will start shooting this spring in Hawaii.
Movie love interest Keira Knightley announced her "pirating days are over" in 2008, prompting speculation that Bloom would walk the plank behind her. And now he has revealed he will not be starring alongside Johnny Depp in 2011's "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides".
He says, "I think Will is sort of swimming around with the fish at the bottom of the ocean. I had a great time making those movies. I just really wanted to do different things." But Bloom can't wait to see the latest Pirates sequel, which will be directed by "Nine" and "Chicago" filmmaker Rob Marshall.
He says, "I think it's going to be great. Whatever Johnny does, I think it's fantastic." He adds, "I think he's (Marshall) an amazing director. I think it will be a very interesting fit, because Johnny is musical anyway and I'm sure that something really beautiful will come out of it."
More Orlando Bloom News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences