Orlando Bloom Not Joining Upcoming 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Movie
British actor Orlando Bloom has confirmed he has quit the "Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise. The Brit played Will Turner in the first three movies and bosses but he won't be a part of a planned fourth film, which will start shooting this spring in Hawaii.
Movie love interest Keira Knightley announced her "pirating days are over" in 2008, prompting speculation that Bloom would walk the plank behind her. And now he has revealed he will not be starring alongside Johnny Depp in 2011's "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides".
He says, "I think Will is sort of swimming around with the fish at the bottom of the ocean. I had a great time making those movies. I just really wanted to do different things." But Bloom can't wait to see the latest Pirates sequel, which will be directed by "Nine" and "Chicago" filmmaker Rob Marshall.
He says, "I think it's going to be great. Whatever Johnny does, I think it's fantastic." He adds, "I think he's (Marshall) an amazing director. I think it will be a very interesting fit, because Johnny is musical anyway and I'm sure that something really beautiful will come out of it."
More Orlando Bloom News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns