Orlando Bloom Not Joining Upcoming 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Movie
British actor Orlando Bloom has confirmed he has quit the "Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise. The Brit played Will Turner in the first three movies and bosses but he won't be a part of a planned fourth film, which will start shooting this spring in Hawaii.
Movie love interest Keira Knightley announced her "pirating days are over" in 2008, prompting speculation that Bloom would walk the plank behind her. And now he has revealed he will not be starring alongside Johnny Depp in 2011's "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides".
He says, "I think Will is sort of swimming around with the fish at the bottom of the ocean. I had a great time making those movies. I just really wanted to do different things." But Bloom can't wait to see the latest Pirates sequel, which will be directed by "Nine" and "Chicago" filmmaker Rob Marshall.
He says, "I think it's going to be great. Whatever Johnny does, I think it's fantastic." He adds, "I think he's (Marshall) an amazing director. I think it will be a very interesting fit, because Johnny is musical anyway and I'm sure that something really beautiful will come out of it."
More Orlando Bloom News
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds