Rachel Weisz and Jude Law Receive Critics' Circle Theatre Awards
Rachel Weisz and Jude Law are the toast of London's West End after picking up the top prizes at the Critics' Circle Theatre Awards. Oscar-winner Weisz landed the coveted Best Actress trophy for her portrayal of Blanche Dubois in a production of Tennessee Williams classic "A Streetcar Named Desire".
Law was honored with the award for Best Shakespearean Performance for his leading role in "Hamlet", which he later reprised on Broadway. Mark Shenton, chairman of the Critics' Circle, the body which votes for the awards, insists the pair proves Hollywood stars can flourish in the theater as well as onscreen.
He says, "Celebrity casting is viewed a little suspiciously, but Jude Law and Rachel Weisz proved they can still cut it." The other main prizes went to Mark Rylance, who was named Best Actor for his role in "Jerusalem", which also took the award for Best New Play, while "Spring Awakening" was crowned Best Musical at the ceremony in London on Tuesday, January 26.
More Rachel Weisz News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie