Rachel Weisz and Jude Law Receive Critics' Circle Theatre Awards
Rachel Weisz and Jude Law are the toast of London's West End after picking up the top prizes at the Critics' Circle Theatre Awards. Oscar-winner Weisz landed the coveted Best Actress trophy for her portrayal of Blanche Dubois in a production of Tennessee Williams classic "A Streetcar Named Desire".
Law was honored with the award for Best Shakespearean Performance for his leading role in "Hamlet", which he later reprised on Broadway. Mark Shenton, chairman of the Critics' Circle, the body which votes for the awards, insists the pair proves Hollywood stars can flourish in the theater as well as onscreen.
He says, "Celebrity casting is viewed a little suspiciously, but Jude Law and Rachel Weisz proved they can still cut it." The other main prizes went to Mark Rylance, who was named Best Actor for his role in "Jerusalem", which also took the award for Best New Play, while "Spring Awakening" was crowned Best Musical at the ceremony in London on Tuesday, January 26.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip