Rachel Weisz and Jude Law Receive Critics' Circle Theatre Awards
Rachel Weisz and Jude Law are the toast of London's West End after picking up the top prizes at the Critics' Circle Theatre Awards. Oscar-winner Weisz landed the coveted Best Actress trophy for her portrayal of Blanche Dubois in a production of Tennessee Williams classic "A Streetcar Named Desire".
Law was honored with the award for Best Shakespearean Performance for his leading role in "Hamlet", which he later reprised on Broadway. Mark Shenton, chairman of the Critics' Circle, the body which votes for the awards, insists the pair proves Hollywood stars can flourish in the theater as well as onscreen.
He says, "Celebrity casting is viewed a little suspiciously, but Jude Law and Rachel Weisz proved they can still cut it." The other main prizes went to Mark Rylance, who was named Best Actor for his role in "Jerusalem", which also took the award for Best New Play, while "Spring Awakening" was crowned Best Musical at the ceremony in London on Tuesday, January 26.
More Rachel Weisz News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered