Mel Gibson Upset for Being Interviewed About His DUI Arrest
Mel Gibson is urging interviewers to stop asking him about his drunken rant at a Jewish police officer in 2006 - insisting he wants to put the past behind him. The "Lethal Weapon" star was detained on a drink-driving charge three and a half years ago, but the incident became a public relations nightmare when Gibson was accused of making a series of unpleasant remarks to the cop who arrested him.
The actor apologized several times for his behavior and quit booze following his outburst. But the incident frequently comes back to haunt him as he promotes his new movie, "Edge of Darkness", and one recent interview with an American TV station turned nasty when Gibson objected to questioning on the subject. The 54 year old is adamant he doesn't want to talk about the incident any more - because he would prefer to move on with his life.
He tells America's OK! magazine, "It's said that I went into a rant, but I think it went on for about five words. I was drunk. It just turned into a big thing. I apologized profusely - not once but three times. So what's the problem? It's four years ago. Do I need to apologize again?"
More Mel Gibson News
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...