Brooke Mueller to Take Therapy and Stress-Reduction Sessions
Brooke Mueller is planning to undergo therapy and stress-reduction sessions to help her recover from a severe bout of pneumonia, according to a new report. Charlie Sheen's wife was admitted into the hospital last week, on January 20 suffering from pneumonia in both lungs, linked to a recent operation to remove her wisdom teeth.
She has been recovering in an intensive care unit, where she is being treated with antibiotics. But according to People.com, Mueller's doctors are blaming her raised stress levels for her slow recovery and weakened immune system - and now they're ordering her to seek out specialized therapies to improve her physical and mental health.
A source tells the site, "The doctors told Brooke on Sunday that if she wants to get better she has to reduce stress and get a lot of R&R (rest and relaxation) in the coming weeks. The doctors basically said Brooke is not going to get better without taking her health in her own hands and reducing the stress surrounding her life. She has to do it now."
The website alleges Mueller is checking out recovery centers and spas on the East Coast for a health-boosting break. A judge allowed Sheen to visit Mueller in the hospital, relaxing a court order designed to keep the couple apart following their Christmas Day on December 25, 2009 fight, which landed the actor in jail in Aspen, Colorado. A hearing to review the protection order was postponed until February 8 after Mueller fell ill.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri