David Arquette Upset Over Weight Jibe Directed to Courteney Cox
Courteney Cox's husband David Arquette has defended the former "Friends" star after a New York Times blogger made jibes about her weight. The actor, who married his "Scream" co-star in 1999, was outraged when a fashion pundit poked fun at the actress and her pal Jennifer Aniston at the recent Golden Globe Awards, suggesting both had "put on a little weight."
Arquette has blasted the writer, insisting weight should never be an issue, and now he's calling for all bloggers to be kinder. He tells FoxNews.com, "Writing articles about people that put on weight is just wasting space for real news. And who really cares? I love round people, I love skinny people. I love people in general; we've got to get past labels and stop being so critical about everything."
"On the internet, people find that place and think they can just speak their mind, but a lot of the time you see how mean people are. In general, we just need to be a kinder society."
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman