David Arquette Upset Over Weight Jibe Directed to Courteney Cox
Courteney Cox's husband David Arquette has defended the former "Friends" star after a New York Times blogger made jibes about her weight. The actor, who married his "Scream" co-star in 1999, was outraged when a fashion pundit poked fun at the actress and her pal Jennifer Aniston at the recent Golden Globe Awards, suggesting both had "put on a little weight."
Arquette has blasted the writer, insisting weight should never be an issue, and now he's calling for all bloggers to be kinder. He tells FoxNews.com, "Writing articles about people that put on weight is just wasting space for real news. And who really cares? I love round people, I love skinny people. I love people in general; we've got to get past labels and stop being so critical about everything."
"On the internet, people find that place and think they can just speak their mind, but a lot of the time you see how mean people are. In general, we just need to be a kinder society."
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years