David Arquette Upset Over Weight Jibe Directed to Courteney Cox
Courteney Cox's husband David Arquette has defended the former "Friends" star after a New York Times blogger made jibes about her weight. The actor, who married his "Scream" co-star in 1999, was outraged when a fashion pundit poked fun at the actress and her pal Jennifer Aniston at the recent Golden Globe Awards, suggesting both had "put on a little weight."
Arquette has blasted the writer, insisting weight should never be an issue, and now he's calling for all bloggers to be kinder. He tells FoxNews.com, "Writing articles about people that put on weight is just wasting space for real news. And who really cares? I love round people, I love skinny people. I love people in general; we've got to get past labels and stop being so critical about everything."
"On the internet, people find that place and think they can just speak their mind, but a lot of the time you see how mean people are. In general, we just need to be a kinder society."
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik Get Cuddly in V Magazine's 'Gigi's Journal'
- Get First Look at David Thewlis' Ares in New 'Wonder Woman' Footage
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right