Dolce and Gabbana Scared to Make a Deal With Madonna
Top Italian fashion designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana had to think twice before approaching Madonna and asking her to be the new face of their luxury label, because they feared a business deal would sour their friendship.
Madonna was unveiled as the spokesmodel for Dolce & Gabbana's spring/summer 2010 campaign in 2009 when black and white shots of the pop superstar, taken by noted photographer Steven Klein, hit the Internet, and the celebrated designers admit they hesitated at the thought of working with the "Material Girl".
Gabbana tells W Magazine, "There was a sort of fear on our behalf of asking Madonna to do anything business. We thought it could impact our relationship, and Madonna is one of the few people we're really in awe of. To have Madonna in our campaign is a dream come true."
More Madonna News
- Stella Maxwell Shows Off Her Pert Derriere in Cheeky Hotpants
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing