Dolce and Gabbana Scared to Make a Deal With Madonna
Top Italian fashion designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana had to think twice before approaching Madonna and asking her to be the new face of their luxury label, because they feared a business deal would sour their friendship.
Madonna was unveiled as the spokesmodel for Dolce & Gabbana's spring/summer 2010 campaign in 2009 when black and white shots of the pop superstar, taken by noted photographer Steven Klein, hit the Internet, and the celebrated designers admit they hesitated at the thought of working with the "Material Girl".
Gabbana tells W Magazine, "There was a sort of fear on our behalf of asking Madonna to do anything business. We thought it could impact our relationship, and Madonna is one of the few people we're really in awe of. To have Madonna in our campaign is a dream come true."
More Madonna News
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors