Dolce and Gabbana Scared to Make a Deal With Madonna
Top Italian fashion designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana had to think twice before approaching Madonna and asking her to be the new face of their luxury label, because they feared a business deal would sour their friendship.
Madonna was unveiled as the spokesmodel for Dolce & Gabbana's spring/summer 2010 campaign in 2009 when black and white shots of the pop superstar, taken by noted photographer Steven Klein, hit the Internet, and the celebrated designers admit they hesitated at the thought of working with the "Material Girl".
Gabbana tells W Magazine, "There was a sort of fear on our behalf of asking Madonna to do anything business. We thought it could impact our relationship, and Madonna is one of the few people we're really in awe of. To have Madonna in our campaign is a dream come true."
More Madonna News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- Britney Spears Slams Lip-Sync Accusations: 'Nobody Ever Really Gives Me Credit'
- 'Gotham' Star Donal Logue's Child Is Missing
- 'Star Trek' Alum to Direct an Upcoming Episode of 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- Kim Kardashian Mom-Shamed Over Saint West's Front-Facing Car Seat
- Rihanna Caught Making Out With Mystery Man in Spain
- Kendrick Lamar Gets Violent in New Brutal Video for 'Element'
- 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' Star Michael Nyqvist Dies at 56