Dolce and Gabbana Scared to Make a Deal With Madonna
Top Italian fashion designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana had to think twice before approaching Madonna and asking her to be the new face of their luxury label, because they feared a business deal would sour their friendship.
Madonna was unveiled as the spokesmodel for Dolce & Gabbana's spring/summer 2010 campaign in 2009 when black and white shots of the pop superstar, taken by noted photographer Steven Klein, hit the Internet, and the celebrated designers admit they hesitated at the thought of working with the "Material Girl".
Gabbana tells W Magazine, "There was a sort of fear on our behalf of asking Madonna to do anything business. We thought it could impact our relationship, and Madonna is one of the few people we're really in awe of. To have Madonna in our campaign is a dream come true."
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'