Gary Coleman Releases Statement After Jail
Actor Gary Coleman has spoken out after his release from a Utah jail, following his arrest for allegedly attacking his wife Shannon. The former child star was arrested and jailed on Sunday, January 24 after police were called to his home, but no criminal charges were filed.
Upon arriving at his home, police discovered a misdemeanor failure to appear warrant for Coleman from an unrelated incident and took him into custody. Coleman has now posted $1,725 bail and was released on Monday.
The "Diff'rent Strokes" star has spoken out to explain the reason for his missed court date appearance - he was allegedly absent because he was in hospital undergoing an operation. He tells RadarOnline.com, "I was in the hospital getting minor surgery."
Coleman's father, who picked up the star from the prison, revealed to the website the actor had received heart surgery. But Coleman reportedly insisted he didn't "want to spread that around," because he fears his condition will prevent him from getting work.
But the 41-year-old is relieved he is free from his jail cell: "I'm happy as a clam... I just want to come home." He is due to appear in court on February 8.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer