Gary Coleman Releases Statement After Jail
Actor Gary Coleman has spoken out after his release from a Utah jail, following his arrest for allegedly attacking his wife Shannon. The former child star was arrested and jailed on Sunday, January 24 after police were called to his home, but no criminal charges were filed.
Upon arriving at his home, police discovered a misdemeanor failure to appear warrant for Coleman from an unrelated incident and took him into custody. Coleman has now posted $1,725 bail and was released on Monday.
The "Diff'rent Strokes" star has spoken out to explain the reason for his missed court date appearance - he was allegedly absent because he was in hospital undergoing an operation. He tells RadarOnline.com, "I was in the hospital getting minor surgery."
Coleman's father, who picked up the star from the prison, revealed to the website the actor had received heart surgery. But Coleman reportedly insisted he didn't "want to spread that around," because he fears his condition will prevent him from getting work.
But the 41-year-old is relieved he is free from his jail cell: "I'm happy as a clam... I just want to come home." He is due to appear in court on February 8.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media