Gary Coleman Releases Statement After Jail
Actor Gary Coleman has spoken out after his release from a Utah jail, following his arrest for allegedly attacking his wife Shannon. The former child star was arrested and jailed on Sunday, January 24 after police were called to his home, but no criminal charges were filed.
Upon arriving at his home, police discovered a misdemeanor failure to appear warrant for Coleman from an unrelated incident and took him into custody. Coleman has now posted $1,725 bail and was released on Monday.
The "Diff'rent Strokes" star has spoken out to explain the reason for his missed court date appearance - he was allegedly absent because he was in hospital undergoing an operation. He tells RadarOnline.com, "I was in the hospital getting minor surgery."
Coleman's father, who picked up the star from the prison, revealed to the website the actor had received heart surgery. But Coleman reportedly insisted he didn't "want to spread that around," because he fears his condition will prevent him from getting work.
But the 41-year-old is relieved he is free from his jail cell: "I'm happy as a clam... I just want to come home." He is due to appear in court on February 8.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy