Gary Coleman Releases Statement After Jail
Actor Gary Coleman has spoken out after his release from a Utah jail, following his arrest for allegedly attacking his wife Shannon. The former child star was arrested and jailed on Sunday, January 24 after police were called to his home, but no criminal charges were filed.
Upon arriving at his home, police discovered a misdemeanor failure to appear warrant for Coleman from an unrelated incident and took him into custody. Coleman has now posted $1,725 bail and was released on Monday.
The "Diff'rent Strokes" star has spoken out to explain the reason for his missed court date appearance - he was allegedly absent because he was in hospital undergoing an operation. He tells RadarOnline.com, "I was in the hospital getting minor surgery."
Coleman's father, who picked up the star from the prison, revealed to the website the actor had received heart surgery. But Coleman reportedly insisted he didn't "want to spread that around," because he fears his condition will prevent him from getting work.
But the 41-year-old is relieved he is free from his jail cell: "I'm happy as a clam... I just want to come home." He is due to appear in court on February 8.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia