Gary Coleman Releases Statement After Jail
Actor Gary Coleman has spoken out after his release from a Utah jail, following his arrest for allegedly attacking his wife Shannon. The former child star was arrested and jailed on Sunday, January 24 after police were called to his home, but no criminal charges were filed.
Upon arriving at his home, police discovered a misdemeanor failure to appear warrant for Coleman from an unrelated incident and took him into custody. Coleman has now posted $1,725 bail and was released on Monday.
The "Diff'rent Strokes" star has spoken out to explain the reason for his missed court date appearance - he was allegedly absent because he was in hospital undergoing an operation. He tells RadarOnline.com, "I was in the hospital getting minor surgery."
Coleman's father, who picked up the star from the prison, revealed to the website the actor had received heart surgery. But Coleman reportedly insisted he didn't "want to spread that around," because he fears his condition will prevent him from getting work.
But the 41-year-old is relieved he is free from his jail cell: "I'm happy as a clam... I just want to come home." He is due to appear in court on February 8.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show