Mel Gibson Once Quit Acting After Filming 'Signs'
Mel Gibson temporarily quit acting after starring in "Signs"- because he felt like a "ham-fisted dinosaur" on the set of M. Night Shyamalan's 2002 movie. The movie star has spent eight years refusing to step in front of the camera because he had such an unpleasant experience making "Signs".
Gibson tells the Los Angeles Times that Shyamalan made him realize he needed to take a break to hone his craft. He explains, "I felt ham-fisted. He (Shyamalan) told me I was just doing too much. I looked around... and I was the oldest guy on the set and I felt like the least sophisticated. I decided I needed to rethink everything."
"I got into this... because I wanted to be good. I walked away because I don't know that I was bringing much new to anything. Another seven or eight years of living informs the choices one makes."
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years