Mel Gibson Once Quit Acting After Filming 'Signs'
Mel Gibson temporarily quit acting after starring in "Signs"- because he felt like a "ham-fisted dinosaur" on the set of M. Night Shyamalan's 2002 movie. The movie star has spent eight years refusing to step in front of the camera because he had such an unpleasant experience making "Signs".
Gibson tells the Los Angeles Times that Shyamalan made him realize he needed to take a break to hone his craft. He explains, "I felt ham-fisted. He (Shyamalan) told me I was just doing too much. I looked around... and I was the oldest guy on the set and I felt like the least sophisticated. I decided I needed to rethink everything."
"I got into this... because I wanted to be good. I walked away because I don't know that I was bringing much new to anything. Another seven or eight years of living informs the choices one makes."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March