Mel Gibson Once Quit Acting After Filming 'Signs'
Mel Gibson temporarily quit acting after starring in "Signs"- because he felt like a "ham-fisted dinosaur" on the set of M. Night Shyamalan's 2002 movie. The movie star has spent eight years refusing to step in front of the camera because he had such an unpleasant experience making "Signs".
Gibson tells the Los Angeles Times that Shyamalan made him realize he needed to take a break to hone his craft. He explains, "I felt ham-fisted. He (Shyamalan) told me I was just doing too much. I looked around... and I was the oldest guy on the set and I felt like the least sophisticated. I decided I needed to rethink everything."
"I got into this... because I wanted to be good. I walked away because I don't know that I was bringing much new to anything. Another seven or eight years of living informs the choices one makes."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes