Mel Gibson Once Quit Acting After Filming 'Signs'
Mel Gibson temporarily quit acting after starring in "Signs"- because he felt like a "ham-fisted dinosaur" on the set of M. Night Shyamalan's 2002 movie. The movie star has spent eight years refusing to step in front of the camera because he had such an unpleasant experience making "Signs".
Gibson tells the Los Angeles Times that Shyamalan made him realize he needed to take a break to hone his craft. He explains, "I felt ham-fisted. He (Shyamalan) told me I was just doing too much. I looked around... and I was the oldest guy on the set and I felt like the least sophisticated. I decided I needed to rethink everything."
"I got into this... because I wanted to be good. I walked away because I don't know that I was bringing much new to anything. Another seven or eight years of living informs the choices one makes."
More Mel Gibson News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage