Joss Stone Says Brits Hate Her
Singer Joss Stone is baffled by the reaction of her critics in the U.K. - because she feels "hated" by a large section of the British public. The "You Had Me" hitmaker has been slammed for her quirky dress sense and received a barrage of harsh comments when she affected a fake American accent onstage at the 2007 Brit Awards.
But the singer can't understand why she garners such negative attention from her fellow Brits. She tells the Mail on Sunday's Live magazine, "A lot of people in this country hate me. I seem to annoy people. I'm always on the worst-dressed lists and I just seem to get people very angry."
"When I went out on stage at the Brits two years ago, there was an outcry because people thought I was talking in an American accent. I'm the sort of person who deals with conflict head-on, but my record company just canceled all interviews and TV appearances because of the fuss. I still don't get what it's all about."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival