Elton John to Perform at Mexico's Archaeological Site
Elton John will follow in the footsteps of opera greats Luciano Pavarotti and Placido Domingo when he performs at the archaeological site of Chichen Itza in Mexico in late 2010. The "Rocket Man: Number Ones" will be taking to the stage at the Mayan ruins on April 3, singing in the same spot as Pavarotti did in 1997 and Domingo in 2008. British soprano Sarah Brightman also performed at the historical attraction in 2009.
Local reports in December 2009 suggested the concert could be derailed as a result of the recent excavations at the foot of El Castillo, but Yucatan state officials have confirmed the show will go ahead as planned as the stage will be set on the opposite side of the great pyramid.
His historical concert aside, Elton John has recently revealed that he's helped rapper Eminem in battling his drug issue. During an interview with BBC Radio 5, he said, "I've been helping Eminem over the last 18 months and he's doing brilliantly." He added, "I'm there if people want my help. If people ask for help you tell them where to go but there's no point advising people if they don't want to do it."
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown