Saoirse Ronan Drops Out of Irish Boarding School
Teen actress Saoirse Ronan has quit a boarding school in Ireland - blaming some of her teachers for giving her a "hard time" over her movie success. "The Lovely Bones" star received critical acclaim for her Oscar-nominated performance in 2007's "Atonement" and is tipped as one of Hollywood's most promising young stars.
But the 15 year old is already discovering the downsides of fame - she has walked away from school over her teachers' and fellow pupils' negative attitudes towards her. Ronan, who now has lessons at home, tells the U.K.'s Guardian newspaper, "The reason was teachers giving me a hard time. Teachers and students. Some of the students were, you know, mean."
She adds, "But I only stayed a while. It wasn't really working out. You know, the school is a good school and the people who go there are good people. But when your schoolmates recognize you before they've met you, and the teachers do, too, it can make things very awkward and difficult. It's a shame."
More Saoirse Ronan News
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image