'A Prophet' Dominates 2010 Cesar Awards Noms
Prison drama "A Prophet" is leading the way at France's most prestigious prize-giving ceremony - garnering a massive 13 nominations at the upcoming Cesar Awards. The film leads categories including Best Picture and Best Director, for Jacques Audiard, as well as garnering nods for its star Tahar Rahim, who is up for Best Actor and Best Newcomer.
Philippe Lioret's immigrant drama "Welcome" scored nine nominations and will go up against "A Prophet" in the Best Picture category, and Vincent Lindon will compete with Rahim for the Best Actor prize. Fashion biopic "Coco Before Chanel" also received five nods, with Audrey Tautou named in the Best Actress category.
The nominations for Best Foreign Film include James Cameron's "Avatar", "Milk", "Gran Torino and "Slumdog Millionaire". The 35th Annual Cesar Awards will take place on February 27.
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna