Scorpions Announce They're Retiring From Music Industry
Legendary German rockers Scorpions are splitting up after 40 years. The "Wind of Change" hitmakers announced on their website that they have decided to walk away from the music industry while they are "on a high note."
But fans of the band will get their chance to say goodbye - the rockers are embarking on a two-year farewell tour before hanging up their leather jackets. A statement on the band's website reads, "It was always our pleasure, our purpose in life, our passion and we were fortunate enough to make music for you - whether it was live on stage or in the studio, creating new songs."
"While we were working on our album these past few months, we could literally feel how powerful and creative our work was - and how much fun we were still having, in the process. But there was also something else. We want to end the Scorpion's extraordinary career on a high note. We are extremely grateful for the fact that we still have the same passion for music we've always had since the beginning. This is why, especially now, we agree we have reached the end of the road."
"We finish our career with an album we consider to be one of the best we have ever recorded and with a tour that will start in our home country Germany and take us to five different continents over the next few years. We want you, our fans, to be the first to know about this. Thank you for your never-ending support throughout the years!"
Scorpions was formed by Rudolf Schenker in Hanover, Germany in 1965, gaining a huge following when he was joined by his younger brother Michael and singer Klaus Meine in 1969. The band has sold more than 75 million albums worldwide.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist