Taylor Momsen Feels 'Fortunate' Not Ending Up as Hannah Montana
Taylor Momsen is relieved she lost the role of "Hannah Montana" to Miley Cyrus - because she would have struggled to live up to the teen idol ideal. The "Gossip Girl" star was just nine years old when she and Cyrus were selected as two of the final three young actresses in the running for the Disney role.
But now that she's living the rock 'n' roll life with her band The Pretty Reckless, Momsen is grateful she was cut from the auditions for the family-friendly program. Momsen explains, "Honestly, if I'd have ended up as Hannah Montana, I don't know if the show would have gone as well."
"I probably would have told them all to go f**k themselves by the time I hit 11. And I don't know how that would have gone down. It's great for Miley, but I really like where I am right now and I feel really fortunate to be able to really be myself."
And after receiving plenty of internet criticism for her revealing fashion choices, the 16 year old has warned mothers not to let their children look up to her. She adds, "Online, there's a thousand people who are just so mean. There are so many negative comments about just the pettiest things that you can't even read it.. ."
"My favourite blogs are where you get the mothers saying, 'She's the worst influence on my daughter, I would never let my daughter dress like that', or, 'This girl's such a whore, she's a slut'. And I'm, like, you're a mother! And I'm 16... ."
"To be honest, I don't f**king care. I didn't get into this to be a role model. So I'm sorry if I'm influencing your kids in a way that you don't like, but I can't be responsible for their actions. I don't care."
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz