Latest to Join Haiti Charity Single: Mariah Carey and Miley Cyrus
Mariah Carey and Miley Cyrus are the latest singers to sign up to perform on Simon Cowell's track in aid of earthquake-ravaged Haiti. The music mogul has been busy lining up celebrities to sing a cover of R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts", and has so far convinced performers including Michael Buble, Rod Stewart, Cheryl Cole, Leona Lewis, Take That, James Blunt and James Morrison to take part.
Carey was so eager to join in and help the tremor's survivors, she altered her busy schedule to record her vocals. Cowell says, "We're getting there. We have had an incredible amount of support. It's amazing these great singers are clearing their schedules to make this happen. I just found out Mariah has changed her schedule to be able to do this too. It says such a lot that everyone is working so hard to help Haiti. This is something that really matters to us all and I'm so grateful for the support we are getting."
Girls Aloud star Cole adds, "It's heartbreaking to see what is happening in Haiti. Hopefully the money from "Everybody Hurts" will help the people of Haiti rebuild their lives." Proceeds from the project will be donated to a relief fund to help rebuild the poverty-stricken nation after it was rocked by a massive tremor on January 12.
More Mariah Carey News
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern