Latest to Join Haiti Charity Single: Mariah Carey and Miley Cyrus
Mariah Carey and Miley Cyrus are the latest singers to sign up to perform on Simon Cowell's track in aid of earthquake-ravaged Haiti. The music mogul has been busy lining up celebrities to sing a cover of R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts", and has so far convinced performers including Michael Buble, Rod Stewart, Cheryl Cole, Leona Lewis, Take That, James Blunt and James Morrison to take part.
Carey was so eager to join in and help the tremor's survivors, she altered her busy schedule to record her vocals. Cowell says, "We're getting there. We have had an incredible amount of support. It's amazing these great singers are clearing their schedules to make this happen. I just found out Mariah has changed her schedule to be able to do this too. It says such a lot that everyone is working so hard to help Haiti. This is something that really matters to us all and I'm so grateful for the support we are getting."
Girls Aloud star Cole adds, "It's heartbreaking to see what is happening in Haiti. Hopefully the money from "Everybody Hurts" will help the people of Haiti rebuild their lives." Proceeds from the project will be donated to a relief fund to help rebuild the poverty-stricken nation after it was rocked by a massive tremor on January 12.
More Mariah Carey News
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'