Latest to Join Haiti Charity Single: Mariah Carey and Miley Cyrus
Mariah Carey and Miley Cyrus are the latest singers to sign up to perform on Simon Cowell's track in aid of earthquake-ravaged Haiti. The music mogul has been busy lining up celebrities to sing a cover of R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts", and has so far convinced performers including Michael Buble, Rod Stewart, Cheryl Cole, Leona Lewis, Take That, James Blunt and James Morrison to take part.
Carey was so eager to join in and help the tremor's survivors, she altered her busy schedule to record her vocals. Cowell says, "We're getting there. We have had an incredible amount of support. It's amazing these great singers are clearing their schedules to make this happen. I just found out Mariah has changed her schedule to be able to do this too. It says such a lot that everyone is working so hard to help Haiti. This is something that really matters to us all and I'm so grateful for the support we are getting."
Girls Aloud star Cole adds, "It's heartbreaking to see what is happening in Haiti. Hopefully the money from "Everybody Hurts" will help the people of Haiti rebuild their lives." Proceeds from the project will be donated to a relief fund to help rebuild the poverty-stricken nation after it was rocked by a massive tremor on January 12.
More Mariah Carey News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'