Good Charlotte Start Recording Their Album All Over Again
Rockers Good Charlotte have scrapped their new album, and returned to the studio to record it again. Guitarist Benji Madden made the tough decision to wipe the disc after returning from a tour of Australia and listening to the new tracks for the first time - because he was unhappy with the way it sounded.
The band has now traveled to Vancouver, Canada to start recording "Cardiology" again, with producer Don Gilmore. In a message posted on Good Charlotte's website, Madden explains, "When we got back from the last trip to Australia, we had pretty much finished recording the record. I went into the studio to hear some roughs and it just wasn't right."
"I couldn't figure it out. I was so lost. I love the songs, I love the lyrics, so what was the problem. I was just so bewildered. Devastated actually. This had never happened. I felt crazy. Like this. I told our manager to just PAUSE everything and I need time to think."
"I called all the boys immediately and called an emergency meeting. Everyone sat down. And I just said 'Guys, we gotta start over'." And his bandmates agreed. He adds, "I was expecting everyone to freak on me and say 'What?!' But Billy (Billy Martin) was the first to speak, and right away he said 'I knew you were gonna say that. My gut is telling me the same thing. Let's do it.' Everyone agreed."
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel