Good Charlotte Start Recording Their Album All Over Again
Rockers Good Charlotte have scrapped their new album, and returned to the studio to record it again. Guitarist Benji Madden made the tough decision to wipe the disc after returning from a tour of Australia and listening to the new tracks for the first time - because he was unhappy with the way it sounded.
The band has now traveled to Vancouver, Canada to start recording "Cardiology" again, with producer Don Gilmore. In a message posted on Good Charlotte's website, Madden explains, "When we got back from the last trip to Australia, we had pretty much finished recording the record. I went into the studio to hear some roughs and it just wasn't right."
"I couldn't figure it out. I was so lost. I love the songs, I love the lyrics, so what was the problem. I was just so bewildered. Devastated actually. This had never happened. I felt crazy. Like this. I told our manager to just PAUSE everything and I need time to think."
"I called all the boys immediately and called an emergency meeting. Everyone sat down. And I just said 'Guys, we gotta start over'." And his bandmates agreed. He adds, "I was expecting everyone to freak on me and say 'What?!' But Billy (Billy Martin) was the first to speak, and right away he said 'I knew you were gonna say that. My gut is telling me the same thing. Let's do it.' Everyone agreed."
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details