Good Charlotte Start Recording Their Album All Over Again
Rockers Good Charlotte have scrapped their new album, and returned to the studio to record it again. Guitarist Benji Madden made the tough decision to wipe the disc after returning from a tour of Australia and listening to the new tracks for the first time - because he was unhappy with the way it sounded.
The band has now traveled to Vancouver, Canada to start recording "Cardiology" again, with producer Don Gilmore. In a message posted on Good Charlotte's website, Madden explains, "When we got back from the last trip to Australia, we had pretty much finished recording the record. I went into the studio to hear some roughs and it just wasn't right."
"I couldn't figure it out. I was so lost. I love the songs, I love the lyrics, so what was the problem. I was just so bewildered. Devastated actually. This had never happened. I felt crazy. Like this. I told our manager to just PAUSE everything and I need time to think."
"I called all the boys immediately and called an emergency meeting. Everyone sat down. And I just said 'Guys, we gotta start over'." And his bandmates agreed. He adds, "I was expecting everyone to freak on me and say 'What?!' But Billy (Billy Martin) was the first to speak, and right away he said 'I knew you were gonna say that. My gut is telling me the same thing. Let's do it.' Everyone agreed."
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'