Stephen Fry to Become 2012 Olympics Ambassador
Veteran British actor Stephen Fry is supporting the London Olympic Games in 2012 - he's in talks to boost the event with a role in its publicity campaign. The funnyman has been invited on a tour of the Olympic Village in the British capital while he negotiates his role.
Event organizers are reportedly considering giving Fry an ambassador position, or making him the 'official voice' of the Games, according to Britain's Daily Mail newspaper. Fry says, "I have been asked to have a meeting with the Olympics people. I am really behind it." A spokesperson for the London Olympics adds, "Stephen has been very supportive. We would love to have him involved."
Another news about Stephen Fry is he recently quit Twitter in order to write his autobiography. The 52-year-old actor who has 1,286,783 followers on the social networking site, told BBC on his absent, saying "Sort of .. I used to turn to it almost like the news, it's a weird feeling. I feel quite virtuous, it gives you more hours in the day."
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard