Stephen Fry to Become 2012 Olympics Ambassador
Veteran British actor Stephen Fry is supporting the London Olympic Games in 2012 - he's in talks to boost the event with a role in its publicity campaign. The funnyman has been invited on a tour of the Olympic Village in the British capital while he negotiates his role.
Event organizers are reportedly considering giving Fry an ambassador position, or making him the 'official voice' of the Games, according to Britain's Daily Mail newspaper. Fry says, "I have been asked to have a meeting with the Olympics people. I am really behind it." A spokesperson for the London Olympics adds, "Stephen has been very supportive. We would love to have him involved."
Another news about Stephen Fry is he recently quit Twitter in order to write his autobiography. The 52-year-old actor who has 1,286,783 followers on the social networking site, told BBC on his absent, saying "Sort of .. I used to turn to it almost like the news, it's a weird feeling. I feel quite virtuous, it gives you more hours in the day."
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle