Stephen Fry to Become 2012 Olympics Ambassador
Veteran British actor Stephen Fry is supporting the London Olympic Games in 2012 - he's in talks to boost the event with a role in its publicity campaign. The funnyman has been invited on a tour of the Olympic Village in the British capital while he negotiates his role.
Event organizers are reportedly considering giving Fry an ambassador position, or making him the 'official voice' of the Games, according to Britain's Daily Mail newspaper. Fry says, "I have been asked to have a meeting with the Olympics people. I am really behind it." A spokesperson for the London Olympics adds, "Stephen has been very supportive. We would love to have him involved."
Another news about Stephen Fry is he recently quit Twitter in order to write his autobiography. The 52-year-old actor who has 1,286,783 followers on the social networking site, told BBC on his absent, saying "Sort of .. I used to turn to it almost like the news, it's a weird feeling. I feel quite virtuous, it gives you more hours in the day."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!