Charlie Sheen Missed SAG Awards to Look After His Ailing Wife
Charlie Sheen skipped the glitzy Screen Actors Guild Awards (SAG) on Saturday night, January 23, to tend to his sick wife. The "Two and a Half Men" star rushed to visit his partner Brooke Mueller when she was admitted to hospital in Los Angeles on Wednesday, January 20, suffering from pneumonia linked to a recent operation to remove her wisdom teeth.
The actor was turned away because of a court order designed to keep the pair apart following their Christmas Day, December 25, 2009, fight, which landed him in jail in Aspen, Colorado. A judge subsequently relaxed the protection order to allow Sheen to visit his wife in hospital, and he has been spending all of his time tending to her needs, according to Mueller's mother Moira Fiore.
She tells People, "Charlie has been great, very attentive and nice to Brooke. He is not even going to the SAG Awards... He wants to be with her. Brooke's liver and kidneys are better, but doctors are concerned that she still has pneumonia. She is weak and trying to blow into a plastic tube. She is having trouble doing that." A hearing to review the protection order was postponed until 8 February after Mueller fell ill.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal