Charlie Sheen Missed SAG Awards to Look After His Ailing Wife
Charlie Sheen skipped the glitzy Screen Actors Guild Awards (SAG) on Saturday night, January 23, to tend to his sick wife. The "Two and a Half Men" star rushed to visit his partner Brooke Mueller when she was admitted to hospital in Los Angeles on Wednesday, January 20, suffering from pneumonia linked to a recent operation to remove her wisdom teeth.
The actor was turned away because of a court order designed to keep the pair apart following their Christmas Day, December 25, 2009, fight, which landed him in jail in Aspen, Colorado. A judge subsequently relaxed the protection order to allow Sheen to visit his wife in hospital, and he has been spending all of his time tending to her needs, according to Mueller's mother Moira Fiore.
She tells People, "Charlie has been great, very attentive and nice to Brooke. He is not even going to the SAG Awards... He wants to be with her. Brooke's liver and kidneys are better, but doctors are concerned that she still has pneumonia. She is weak and trying to blow into a plastic tube. She is having trouble doing that." A hearing to review the protection order was postponed until 8 February after Mueller fell ill.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory