Charlie Sheen Missed SAG Awards to Look After His Ailing Wife
Charlie Sheen skipped the glitzy Screen Actors Guild Awards (SAG) on Saturday night, January 23, to tend to his sick wife. The "Two and a Half Men" star rushed to visit his partner Brooke Mueller when she was admitted to hospital in Los Angeles on Wednesday, January 20, suffering from pneumonia linked to a recent operation to remove her wisdom teeth.
The actor was turned away because of a court order designed to keep the pair apart following their Christmas Day, December 25, 2009, fight, which landed him in jail in Aspen, Colorado. A judge subsequently relaxed the protection order to allow Sheen to visit his wife in hospital, and he has been spending all of his time tending to her needs, according to Mueller's mother Moira Fiore.
She tells People, "Charlie has been great, very attentive and nice to Brooke. He is not even going to the SAG Awards... He wants to be with her. Brooke's liver and kidneys are better, but doctors are concerned that she still has pneumonia. She is weak and trying to blow into a plastic tube. She is having trouble doing that." A hearing to review the protection order was postponed until 8 February after Mueller fell ill.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role