Moviemaker Rules Out Allegation Over Feud With Farrah Fawcett
The filmmaker who is facing a lawsuit from Farrah Fawcett's estate has dismissed accusations he fell out with the late actress over plans for her documentary - insisting he is looking forward to proving his case in court. In a suit filed at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday, January 22, representatives of the estate allege Craig Nevius "sensationalized" the "Charlie's Angels" star's story in the "amateurish" footage he produced.
The papers, obtained by TMZ.com, also allege Nevius sought "misplaced revenge" after the actress rejected his work, by revealing private and personal information about Fawcett, giving out footage without her consent and embezzling cash from the trust she set up for the film. But Nevius is adamant the claims aren't true, insisting he enjoyed a cordial working relationship with Fawcett, who died in 2009 following a battle with anal cancer.
He says in a statement to E! News, "These accusations are nothing more than a fabricated press release disguised as a lawsuit. As much as I would like to answer the allegations and disprove them right here and right now in the court of public opinion, I will wait to do so in a court of law."
"I will be happy to let the work Farrah and I did together (over years) speak for itself. And I will be more than happy to let the video tapes, documents, witnesses and Farrah's own words (both written and spoken) speak for me and defend me, finally removing all doubt and suspicion as to what actually happened during the final months of her life and who her real exploiters are."
Nevius has already launched his own lawsuit against Fawcett's partner Ryan O'Neal, claiming the actor forced him out of the project. A two-hour documentary, titled Farrah's Story, was filmed by the actress and her friend Alana Stewart and aired in May 2009 - just a month before the star's tragic death.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie