Moviemaker Rules Out Allegation Over Feud With Farrah Fawcett
The filmmaker who is facing a lawsuit from Farrah Fawcett's estate has dismissed accusations he fell out with the late actress over plans for her documentary - insisting he is looking forward to proving his case in court. In a suit filed at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday, January 22, representatives of the estate allege Craig Nevius "sensationalized" the "Charlie's Angels" star's story in the "amateurish" footage he produced.
The papers, obtained by TMZ.com, also allege Nevius sought "misplaced revenge" after the actress rejected his work, by revealing private and personal information about Fawcett, giving out footage without her consent and embezzling cash from the trust she set up for the film. But Nevius is adamant the claims aren't true, insisting he enjoyed a cordial working relationship with Fawcett, who died in 2009 following a battle with anal cancer.
He says in a statement to E! News, "These accusations are nothing more than a fabricated press release disguised as a lawsuit. As much as I would like to answer the allegations and disprove them right here and right now in the court of public opinion, I will wait to do so in a court of law."
"I will be happy to let the work Farrah and I did together (over years) speak for itself. And I will be more than happy to let the video tapes, documents, witnesses and Farrah's own words (both written and spoken) speak for me and defend me, finally removing all doubt and suspicion as to what actually happened during the final months of her life and who her real exploiters are."
Nevius has already launched his own lawsuit against Fawcett's partner Ryan O'Neal, claiming the actor forced him out of the project. A two-hour documentary, titled Farrah's Story, was filmed by the actress and her friend Alana Stewart and aired in May 2009 - just a month before the star's tragic death.
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Johnny Galecki's House Burns Down in California Massive Fire
- Iron Man Slips Into His Upgraded Armor in New 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos
- 'The Lowe Files' Teaser Sees Rob Lowe and Sons Delving Into Unsolved Mysteries
- Rita Ora Flashes Thong in Sheer Red Dress
- Iggy Azalea Claps Back After Halsey Called Her 'Moron': 'I Don't Know Her'
- James Harden Realizes His Big Crush on Nicki Minaj After Giving Her Thirsty Stare at NBA Awards
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women