Robert Downey Jr. and Beyonce Knowles Eyed for 'A Star Is Born'
Robert Downey Jr. and Beyonce Knowles are tipped to take the lead roles in a new remake of 1930s movie classic "A Star Is Born". First released in 1937, the musical has been reworked twice in the past, with Judy Garland and James Mason in 1957 and Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson in 1976.
Actor-turned-director Nick Cassavettes is behind the latest version and has signed a deal with Warner Bros ahead of a 2012 release, reports Deadline Hollywood Daily. Downey Jr. and Beyonce are the favorites for the lead roles, playing Normal Maine and Esther Victoria Blodgett, aka Vicki Lester - with "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm, Alicia Keys and Rihanna linked as back-up stars.
It's not the first time a remake has been mooted, Will Smith and Jennifer Lopez were once linked to a version planned by director Joel Schumacher.
More A Star Is Born News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama