Robert Downey Jr. and Beyonce Knowles Eyed for 'A Star Is Born'
Robert Downey Jr. and Beyonce Knowles are tipped to take the lead roles in a new remake of 1930s movie classic "A Star Is Born". First released in 1937, the musical has been reworked twice in the past, with Judy Garland and James Mason in 1957 and Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson in 1976.
Actor-turned-director Nick Cassavettes is behind the latest version and has signed a deal with Warner Bros ahead of a 2012 release, reports Deadline Hollywood Daily. Downey Jr. and Beyonce are the favorites for the lead roles, playing Normal Maine and Esther Victoria Blodgett, aka Vicki Lester - with "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm, Alicia Keys and Rihanna linked as back-up stars.
It's not the first time a remake has been mooted, Will Smith and Jennifer Lopez were once linked to a version planned by director Joel Schumacher.
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik