Vanessa Williams and Barry Manilow Join Red Cross to Raise Funds for Haiti
Actress Vanessa Williams and veteran crooner Barry Manilow have teamed up to support an American Red Cross Haiti campaign. The two stars, along with Los Angeles Lakers players Lamar Odom and Kobe Bryant, have filmed a public service announcement for the organization to appeal for aid for the earthquake-ravaged country.
Williams says, "Give a dollar, give whatever you can. Your donations will make a difference," while Manilow adds, "Your contributions can help end the unimaginable suffering." The fundraising mission will help those left injured and homeless following last week's, January 12 massive quake.
Other artists who have showed their generosity in helping Haitian earthquake victims, who are left homeless and suffer after the disaster, included Wyclef Jean, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Oprah Winfrey. Jean raises funds through his Yele charity organization with the help of some artists. Pitt and Jolie have donated $1 million to help Doctors Without Borders in the earthquake-ravaged zone, while Winfrey calls her talk show viewers to donate to the Red Cross.
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper