Vanessa Williams and Barry Manilow Join Red Cross to Raise Funds for Haiti
Actress Vanessa Williams and veteran crooner Barry Manilow have teamed up to support an American Red Cross Haiti campaign. The two stars, along with Los Angeles Lakers players Lamar Odom and Kobe Bryant, have filmed a public service announcement for the organization to appeal for aid for the earthquake-ravaged country.
Williams says, "Give a dollar, give whatever you can. Your donations will make a difference," while Manilow adds, "Your contributions can help end the unimaginable suffering." The fundraising mission will help those left injured and homeless following last week's, January 12 massive quake.
Other artists who have showed their generosity in helping Haitian earthquake victims, who are left homeless and suffer after the disaster, included Wyclef Jean, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Oprah Winfrey. Jean raises funds through his Yele charity organization with the help of some artists. Pitt and Jolie have donated $1 million to help Doctors Without Borders in the earthquake-ravaged zone, while Winfrey calls her talk show viewers to donate to the Red Cross.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction