Vanessa Williams and Barry Manilow Join Red Cross to Raise Funds for Haiti
Actress Vanessa Williams and veteran crooner Barry Manilow have teamed up to support an American Red Cross Haiti campaign. The two stars, along with Los Angeles Lakers players Lamar Odom and Kobe Bryant, have filmed a public service announcement for the organization to appeal for aid for the earthquake-ravaged country.
Williams says, "Give a dollar, give whatever you can. Your donations will make a difference," while Manilow adds, "Your contributions can help end the unimaginable suffering." The fundraising mission will help those left injured and homeless following last week's, January 12 massive quake.
Other artists who have showed their generosity in helping Haitian earthquake victims, who are left homeless and suffer after the disaster, included Wyclef Jean, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Oprah Winfrey. Jean raises funds through his Yele charity organization with the help of some artists. Pitt and Jolie have donated $1 million to help Doctors Without Borders in the earthquake-ravaged zone, while Winfrey calls her talk show viewers to donate to the Red Cross.
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed