Peter Gabriel Refuses to Rejoin Genesis for Hall of Fame
Peter Gabriel has stunned the music world by announcing he won't be joining his former Genesis bandmates onstage for the group's Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction in March. In fact, the "Sledgehammer" hitmaker isn't sure he'll even attend the ceremony in New York.
Fans were hoping the induction would lead to a reunion for the band's original line-up, but Gabriel insists he has no plans of teaming up with Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks, who reformed as Genesis in 2008 for a world tour.
Gabriel tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I'm definitely not going to sing. I learned at our last reunion (in 1982) that you can't just get up there. You have to rehearse." And his upcoming European tour plans might rule out an appearance: "I'm trying to find a way to do it... If I can work it out, I'll go."
The rocker refuses to completely rule out a reunion in the future, but admits another get together seems highly unlikely. He adds, "I always describe it as going back to school, since this was a school group for me. It's a fun place to visit and see your old friends, but it's not a place you want to live. Phil (Collins) has had trouble with his wrists and his back, so it's pretty unlikely."
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest