Aerosmith Will Soon Pick Up New Singer
Aerosmith's search for a new singer is going quicker than expected - guitarist Joe Perry and his bandmates already have a handful of well known candidates they're speaking to. The rockers announced their plans to replace Steven Tyler shortly after the singer revealed his plans to take a hiatus from the band during an interview in late December 2009.
Tyler has since checked into a rehab clinic to kick his drug abuse problems once and for all and Perry insists he's not prepared to wait to see if his old bandmate will be playing a part in the group's plans for 2010 and their 40th anniversary year, 2011.
The guitarist isn't naming names but admits, "(There's) a few people we've talked to, and we'll see how it goes... As far as auditions go, we'll probably just sit around and have a couple of drinks and see if we get along - because we're already gonna know that they can sing."
But Perry feels sure the replacement will be temporary and he fully expects Tyler to rejoin the band at some point: "I'm ready to write with him, to play on stage with him anytime he's physically ready and wants to do it, but it's really up to him."
Lenny Kravitz was mentioned as an early frontrunner for Tyler's role in the band, but the rocker has ruled out the idea, stating, "Steven Tyler is a family friend, and no voice could ever take the place of his."
More Aerosmith News
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting