Michael Douglas Says He 'Was No Angel' for His Son
Michael Douglas regrets his failures as a father when it comes to his troubled son Cameron Douglas - revealing he was "no angel" during his child's upbringing. Actor Cameron Douglas, 30, is currently behind bars on drug possession charges at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City after a police raid on his room in August 2009.
He was initially allowed to stay at his mother's apartment, but was later sent to federal prison after allegedly asking his girlfriend to smuggle his heroin in an electric toothbrush. And Douglas, who was married to Cameron's mum Diandra Luker for 23 years, takes responsibility for some of his son's issues - insisting he could have been around more.
He tells AARP The Magazine, "I'll assume whatever responsibilities I have to. Would it have been better to have been around more? Absolutely. There were absences, and I was no angel." But even though he fears for his son's well-being, while he is incarcerated, the "Wall Street" actor insists the 30 year old is in a good place.
He adds, "He's in a federal prison, and you've got some big, bad boys down there. Cameron has a lot of life ahead. He now recognizes his own demons and struggles." During his marriage to Luker, Douglas underwent treatment for alcoholism and sought help for sex addiction. He is now married to Catherine Zeta-Jones, and has two young children, Dylan, 10, and Carys, seven.
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass
- Liam Payne Is Unscathed After Caught in Gunfire at Club
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'