Sean Penn Shows Up in Haiti to Aid Earthquake Victims
Actor Sean Penn has arrived in Haiti as part of a mercy mission led by former U.S. presidential candidate John Edwards. Penn and Edwards are part of a group which has flown to the hurricane-ravaged Caribbean nation to hand out food and supplies to the survivors of January 12, 7.0-magnitude disaster.
Penn has become known for using his resources to help those in need after disasters - he visited New Orleans, Louisiana a week after Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005 and helped to rescue people stranded by floods.
The Adult Jack of "The Tree of Life" isn't the only celebrity doing what he can to help Haitians - native Wyclef Jean returned home last weekend, on January 16 and he's planning a second trip on Saturday, January 23.
More Sean Penn News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle