Sean Penn Shows Up in Haiti to Aid Earthquake Victims
Actor Sean Penn has arrived in Haiti as part of a mercy mission led by former U.S. presidential candidate John Edwards. Penn and Edwards are part of a group which has flown to the hurricane-ravaged Caribbean nation to hand out food and supplies to the survivors of January 12, 7.0-magnitude disaster.
Penn has become known for using his resources to help those in need after disasters - he visited New Orleans, Louisiana a week after Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005 and helped to rescue people stranded by floods.
The Adult Jack of "The Tree of Life" isn't the only celebrity doing what he can to help Haitians - native Wyclef Jean returned home last weekend, on January 16 and he's planning a second trip on Saturday, January 23.
More Sean Penn News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story