Sean Penn Shows Up in Haiti to Aid Earthquake Victims
Actor Sean Penn has arrived in Haiti as part of a mercy mission led by former U.S. presidential candidate John Edwards. Penn and Edwards are part of a group which has flown to the hurricane-ravaged Caribbean nation to hand out food and supplies to the survivors of January 12, 7.0-magnitude disaster.
Penn has become known for using his resources to help those in need after disasters - he visited New Orleans, Louisiana a week after Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005 and helped to rescue people stranded by floods.
The Adult Jack of "The Tree of Life" isn't the only celebrity doing what he can to help Haitians - native Wyclef Jean returned home last weekend, on January 16 and he's planning a second trip on Saturday, January 23.
More Sean Penn News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics