As Tattoo Becomes Popular, Helen Mirren Regrets She Once Had It
Veteran actress Helen Mirren hates how popular tattoos have become - because she only went under the needle to cause a stir. The Oscar-winning star, who is most famous for her portrayal of British monarch Queen Elizabeth II, drunkenly had her body inked years before it was socially acceptable.
And Mirren admits she now regrets the decision - because body art has become so mainstream. She tells U.S. TV show "Good Morning America", "I was very, very drunk. It was a very, very long time ago, when only sailors and (motorcycle gang) Hells Angels were tattooed, honestly, and prisoners."
"And I decided to get a tattoo because it was the most shocking thing I could think of doing. And now I'm utterly disgusted and shocked because it's become completely mainstream, which is unacceptable to me."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour