As Tattoo Becomes Popular, Helen Mirren Regrets She Once Had It
Veteran actress Helen Mirren hates how popular tattoos have become - because she only went under the needle to cause a stir. The Oscar-winning star, who is most famous for her portrayal of British monarch Queen Elizabeth II, drunkenly had her body inked years before it was socially acceptable.
And Mirren admits she now regrets the decision - because body art has become so mainstream. She tells U.S. TV show "Good Morning America", "I was very, very drunk. It was a very, very long time ago, when only sailors and (motorcycle gang) Hells Angels were tattooed, honestly, and prisoners."
"And I decided to get a tattoo because it was the most shocking thing I could think of doing. And now I'm utterly disgusted and shocked because it's become completely mainstream, which is unacceptable to me."
- Desperate to Lose Weight, Mariah Carey Opts for Breast Reduction Surgery
- Marc Anthony Makes First Red Carpet Appearance With Girlfriend Mariana Downing
- Rihanna Is Not Taking Remy Ma's Side in Rapper's Feud With Nicki Minaj
- Ashley Olsen and Richard Sachs Have Called It Quits After Five Months of Dating
- Future and The Weeknd Tease 'Comin Out Strong' Music Video Filmed in Subway Car
- 'Legion' Season Finale Preview: You're Gods
- It's Over! Kim Kardashian 'Pulling the Plug' on Her Marriage to Kanye West
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Are Talking Again After Bitter Split: 'He's Much Happier'