As Tattoo Becomes Popular, Helen Mirren Regrets She Once Had It
Veteran actress Helen Mirren hates how popular tattoos have become - because she only went under the needle to cause a stir. The Oscar-winning star, who is most famous for her portrayal of British monarch Queen Elizabeth II, drunkenly had her body inked years before it was socially acceptable.
And Mirren admits she now regrets the decision - because body art has become so mainstream. She tells U.S. TV show "Good Morning America", "I was very, very drunk. It was a very, very long time ago, when only sailors and (motorcycle gang) Hells Angels were tattooed, honestly, and prisoners."
"And I decided to get a tattoo because it was the most shocking thing I could think of doing. And now I'm utterly disgusted and shocked because it's become completely mainstream, which is unacceptable to me."
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift