As Tattoo Becomes Popular, Helen Mirren Regrets She Once Had It
Veteran actress Helen Mirren hates how popular tattoos have become - because she only went under the needle to cause a stir. The Oscar-winning star, who is most famous for her portrayal of British monarch Queen Elizabeth II, drunkenly had her body inked years before it was socially acceptable.
And Mirren admits she now regrets the decision - because body art has become so mainstream. She tells U.S. TV show "Good Morning America", "I was very, very drunk. It was a very, very long time ago, when only sailors and (motorcycle gang) Hells Angels were tattooed, honestly, and prisoners."
"And I decided to get a tattoo because it was the most shocking thing I could think of doing. And now I'm utterly disgusted and shocked because it's become completely mainstream, which is unacceptable to me."
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound