As Tattoo Becomes Popular, Helen Mirren Regrets She Once Had It
Veteran actress Helen Mirren hates how popular tattoos have become - because she only went under the needle to cause a stir. The Oscar-winning star, who is most famous for her portrayal of British monarch Queen Elizabeth II, drunkenly had her body inked years before it was socially acceptable.
And Mirren admits she now regrets the decision - because body art has become so mainstream. She tells U.S. TV show "Good Morning America", "I was very, very drunk. It was a very, very long time ago, when only sailors and (motorcycle gang) Hells Angels were tattooed, honestly, and prisoners."
"And I decided to get a tattoo because it was the most shocking thing I could think of doing. And now I'm utterly disgusted and shocked because it's become completely mainstream, which is unacceptable to me."
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now