Asked Over Anti-Semitic, Mel Gibson Gets Fierce
Mel Gibson was left fuming during a recent U.S. TV interview - after a Jewish reporter quizzed him over his alleged drunken anti-Semitic rant in 2006. The "Lethal Weapon" actor is back in front of the cameras to promote new crime thriller, "Edge of Darkness", and was being interviewed by broadcaster Sam Rubin for "Los Angeles' KTLA 5".
After starting out pleasantly, the interview turned nasty when Rubin - a Jew - asked the star about the time he reportedly made a series of unpleasant remarks to the Jewish cop who arrested him for drink driving over three years ago. Rubin asked the actor, "Some people will welcome you back, some people will say you should never come back."
A seemingly offended Gibson sat forward and angrily asked, "Why?", before Rubin answered, "Because of what happened before. The remarks that were attributed to you." Gibson returned, "The remarks that were attributed to me. I didn't necessarily make those comments," before asking, "I gather you have a dog in this fight? Do you have a dog in this fight? Or are you impartial?"
The interview then continued after Rubin changed the direction of his questions. Gibson publicly apologized following the incident and the arrest was expunged from his record in 2009, after he served three years probation. He also quit drinking.
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer