Chloe Sevigny Blasts Polygamous Sects With Golden Globe Win
Chloe Sevigny hopes her "Big Love" Golden Globe win will help to shed light on polygamous religious sects and the damages they can cause. The actress plays a member of a fictional Mormon family in the show, a role which earned her a Best Actress award at Sunday's, January 17 ceremony.
Speaking out after her win, Sevigny slammed sects like those depicted in the show. She told Daily Variety, "These women are kept extremely repressed. They should be helped. They don't even know who the president of the United States is."
In the TV series, 35-year-old Chloe Sevigny tackles the role of Nicolette Grant. Joining her in the cast ensemble, are Bill Paxton, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Ginnifer Goodwin and Harry Dean Stanton.
More Chloe Sevigny News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!