Julie Andrews Dismisses Singing Comeback in 2010
Julie Andrews has ruled out a singing comeback in 2010, insisting reports she'll be belting out classics from her films and Broadway shows have been exaggerated. The "Mary Poppins" and "The Sound of Music" star doesn't want British fans expecting her to perform songs like "Do-Re-Mi" and "A Spoonful of Sugar" when she performs in London in May 2010 - an illness earlier this century cost her her voice, and she fears she'll never get it back.
Andrews tells WENN the show at the 02 Arena will be similar to one she toured America with last year 2009 - which was more a tribute to songwriters Rodgers & Hammerstein, and featured Andrews narrating her way through the songs the duo wrote for her, showing clips from her films.
The actress says, "I am not singing. It just so happens that there was this erroneous announcement that I was having vocal restoration, which coincided with the announcement of the concert, which was really unfortunate."
"I haven't had vocal rejuvenation or anything like that. I did five concerts last year. It's a gorgeous evening of music. I do participate in the five deep base notes that I have. I do sing/speak a lot. I narrate, I tell stories and I host," she says. "I go right out and say, 'You all know I have had vocal surgery and I do have about five bass notes left, so I can assure you I can still sing the hell out of 'Old Man River'."
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'