Confirmed, Sarah Jessica Parker Is Halston's New President
Sarah Jessica Parker has confirmed she will be injecting her style sense into top designer brand Halston - the actress has been named as the label's new president. The fashion-forward star will also take on the role of Chief Creative Officer and will be putting her signature stamp on the brand's designs.
Parker, who launched her own affordable apparel line Bitten for U.S. retail giant Steve & Barry's in 2007, will follow in the footsteps of Lindsay Lohan, who took a job as creative consultant at French fashion house Emanuel Ungaro in 2009 .
And the "Sex and the City" star admits she's overwhelmed to have landed such a high-profile fashion role. She says, "I think this is a brand new kind of business model, and it illustrates how serious I am about this position. I think it's wonderful to feel invested in something. I tend not to just endorse something. I like feeling the stakes."
"I know I come to the company in a rather unorthodox way but I'm not the first to be president of a company without the traditional background," she adds. "Others have been successful in those endeavors and I do so hope I can be as well."
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert