Confirmed, Sarah Jessica Parker Is Halston's New President
Sarah Jessica Parker has confirmed she will be injecting her style sense into top designer brand Halston - the actress has been named as the label's new president. The fashion-forward star will also take on the role of Chief Creative Officer and will be putting her signature stamp on the brand's designs.
Parker, who launched her own affordable apparel line Bitten for U.S. retail giant Steve & Barry's in 2007, will follow in the footsteps of Lindsay Lohan, who took a job as creative consultant at French fashion house Emanuel Ungaro in 2009 .
And the "Sex and the City" star admits she's overwhelmed to have landed such a high-profile fashion role. She says, "I think this is a brand new kind of business model, and it illustrates how serious I am about this position. I think it's wonderful to feel invested in something. I tend not to just endorse something. I like feeling the stakes."
"I know I come to the company in a rather unorthodox way but I'm not the first to be president of a company without the traditional background," she adds. "Others have been successful in those endeavors and I do so hope I can be as well."
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angeline Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX