Confirmed, Sarah Jessica Parker Is Halston's New President
Sarah Jessica Parker has confirmed she will be injecting her style sense into top designer brand Halston - the actress has been named as the label's new president. The fashion-forward star will also take on the role of Chief Creative Officer and will be putting her signature stamp on the brand's designs.
Parker, who launched her own affordable apparel line Bitten for U.S. retail giant Steve & Barry's in 2007, will follow in the footsteps of Lindsay Lohan, who took a job as creative consultant at French fashion house Emanuel Ungaro in 2009 .
And the "Sex and the City" star admits she's overwhelmed to have landed such a high-profile fashion role. She says, "I think this is a brand new kind of business model, and it illustrates how serious I am about this position. I think it's wonderful to feel invested in something. I tend not to just endorse something. I like feeling the stakes."
"I know I come to the company in a rather unorthodox way but I'm not the first to be president of a company without the traditional background," she adds. "Others have been successful in those endeavors and I do so hope I can be as well."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones