Confirmed, Sarah Jessica Parker Is Halston's New President
Sarah Jessica Parker has confirmed she will be injecting her style sense into top designer brand Halston - the actress has been named as the label's new president. The fashion-forward star will also take on the role of Chief Creative Officer and will be putting her signature stamp on the brand's designs.
Parker, who launched her own affordable apparel line Bitten for U.S. retail giant Steve & Barry's in 2007, will follow in the footsteps of Lindsay Lohan, who took a job as creative consultant at French fashion house Emanuel Ungaro in 2009 .
And the "Sex and the City" star admits she's overwhelmed to have landed such a high-profile fashion role. She says, "I think this is a brand new kind of business model, and it illustrates how serious I am about this position. I think it's wonderful to feel invested in something. I tend not to just endorse something. I like feeling the stakes."
"I know I come to the company in a rather unorthodox way but I'm not the first to be president of a company without the traditional background," she adds. "Others have been successful in those endeavors and I do so hope I can be as well."
More Sarah Jessica Parker News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby