Confirmed, Sarah Jessica Parker Is Halston's New President
Sarah Jessica Parker has confirmed she will be injecting her style sense into top designer brand Halston - the actress has been named as the label's new president. The fashion-forward star will also take on the role of Chief Creative Officer and will be putting her signature stamp on the brand's designs.
Parker, who launched her own affordable apparel line Bitten for U.S. retail giant Steve & Barry's in 2007, will follow in the footsteps of Lindsay Lohan, who took a job as creative consultant at French fashion house Emanuel Ungaro in 2009 .
And the "Sex and the City" star admits she's overwhelmed to have landed such a high-profile fashion role. She says, "I think this is a brand new kind of business model, and it illustrates how serious I am about this position. I think it's wonderful to feel invested in something. I tend not to just endorse something. I like feeling the stakes."
"I know I come to the company in a rather unorthodox way but I'm not the first to be president of a company without the traditional background," she adds. "Others have been successful in those endeavors and I do so hope I can be as well."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers