Concentrating on Helping Haitian, Wyclef Jean Drops Australia Gigs
Wyclef Jean has canceled his upcoming shows in Australia so he can concentrate on helping survivors of the Haiti earthquake. The former The Fugees star, who was born in Haiti, has been spearheading aid efforts in the Caribbean country following the devastating tremor that rocked the nation last Tuesday, January 12.
Jean was due to fly Down Under later in January to perform five shows as part of the Raggamuffin 2010 music festival, but he's now canceled his trip so he can focus on working with his Yele Haiti Foundation. Festival organizers have confirmed Jean has scrapped his planned appearance - but reveal he has vowed to perform at 2011 event.
A statement from Andrew McManus Presents, reads, "Wyclef has postponed his trip until Raggamuffin 2011. Raggamuffin will be helping to support the Haitian people with collections at each show and donations can also be made through Wyclef's own Yele Haiti charity site www.yele.org."
Jean's former Fugees bandmate Lauryn Hill is still set to perform at the reggae festival, alongside acts including Shaggy and Sean Kingston. The festival kicks off in Perth on January 25 and will also feature dates in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
- Bella Thorne Gets Nipple Piercing, Shares Naked Photo
- Is Drake Cheating on J.Lo With This Porn Star in Amsterdam?
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci