Brooke Shields' Tax Problem Is Paperwork Mistake, Rep Says
A representative for Brooke Shields has brushed off reports of trouble with the tax office, insisting a mix-up with official documents has now been corrected. The actress and her husband Chris Henchy were reportedly facing a $10,000 bill after executives at America's Internal Revenue Service [IRS] filed a federal tax lien on December 31, 2009 relating to payments from 2004 and 2005.
But a spokesperson for Shields has put the matter down to a mistake in paperwork, insisting the couple's taxes are fully paid up. The rep tells GossipCop.com, "[The story is] completely wrong. Brooke doesn't owe anything. All taxes were filed and paid timely. The IRS credited her payments to the wrong tax account."
Professionally, Brooke Shields began her career as a model. She then jumped to the big screen, playing in a movie for the first time in 1976 film called "Alice, Sweet Alice". Some other movies she has played included "National Lampoon's Bag Boy", "The Midnight Meat Train" and "Bob the Butler".
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says