Brooke Shields' Tax Problem Is Paperwork Mistake, Rep Says
A representative for Brooke Shields has brushed off reports of trouble with the tax office, insisting a mix-up with official documents has now been corrected. The actress and her husband Chris Henchy were reportedly facing a $10,000 bill after executives at America's Internal Revenue Service [IRS] filed a federal tax lien on December 31, 2009 relating to payments from 2004 and 2005.
But a spokesperson for Shields has put the matter down to a mistake in paperwork, insisting the couple's taxes are fully paid up. The rep tells GossipCop.com, "[The story is] completely wrong. Brooke doesn't owe anything. All taxes were filed and paid timely. The IRS credited her payments to the wrong tax account."
Professionally, Brooke Shields began her career as a model. She then jumped to the big screen, playing in a movie for the first time in 1976 film called "Alice, Sweet Alice". Some other movies she has played included "National Lampoon's Bag Boy", "The Midnight Meat Train" and "Bob the Butler".
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame