Brooke Shields' Tax Problem Is Paperwork Mistake, Rep Says
A representative for Brooke Shields has brushed off reports of trouble with the tax office, insisting a mix-up with official documents has now been corrected. The actress and her husband Chris Henchy were reportedly facing a $10,000 bill after executives at America's Internal Revenue Service [IRS] filed a federal tax lien on December 31, 2009 relating to payments from 2004 and 2005.
But a spokesperson for Shields has put the matter down to a mistake in paperwork, insisting the couple's taxes are fully paid up. The rep tells GossipCop.com, "[The story is] completely wrong. Brooke doesn't owe anything. All taxes were filed and paid timely. The IRS credited her payments to the wrong tax account."
Professionally, Brooke Shields began her career as a model. She then jumped to the big screen, playing in a movie for the first time in 1976 film called "Alice, Sweet Alice". Some other movies she has played included "National Lampoon's Bag Boy", "The Midnight Meat Train" and "Bob the Butler".
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think