Alec Baldwin Explains Why He Missed 2010 Golden Globes
Alec Baldwin missed out on picking up an award at the Golden Globes - because he was busy taking part in a charity sledding contest in Canada. The funnyman was named Best Actor in a TV Series/Comedy or Musical for his work on "30 Rock" at the ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday, January 17.
But Baldwin was not present at the glitzy show to pick up his prize as he was attending The Fairmont Banff Springs Sports Invitational charity event in Alberta, Canada. The star joined in the fun in aid of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's Waterkeeper Alliance, which aims to protect North American waterways, and raced down the slopes in a sledding contest with Robert Kennedy III.
Baldwin tells ETonline, "He's a Kennedy, which means they throw anybody down a flight of stairs to win, short of their own mother. These guys are the most competitive people. But we're here for a good cause. And I had to make a tough choice, but I wanted to come here."
More Alec Baldwin News
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser