Alec Baldwin Explains Why He Missed 2010 Golden Globes
Alec Baldwin missed out on picking up an award at the Golden Globes - because he was busy taking part in a charity sledding contest in Canada. The funnyman was named Best Actor in a TV Series/Comedy or Musical for his work on "30 Rock" at the ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday, January 17.
But Baldwin was not present at the glitzy show to pick up his prize as he was attending The Fairmont Banff Springs Sports Invitational charity event in Alberta, Canada. The star joined in the fun in aid of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's Waterkeeper Alliance, which aims to protect North American waterways, and raced down the slopes in a sledding contest with Robert Kennedy III.
Baldwin tells ETonline, "He's a Kennedy, which means they throw anybody down a flight of stairs to win, short of their own mother. These guys are the most competitive people. But we're here for a good cause. And I had to make a tough choice, but I wanted to come here."
More Alec Baldwin News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story