Alec Baldwin Explains Why He Missed 2010 Golden Globes
Alec Baldwin missed out on picking up an award at the Golden Globes - because he was busy taking part in a charity sledding contest in Canada. The funnyman was named Best Actor in a TV Series/Comedy or Musical for his work on "30 Rock" at the ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday, January 17.
But Baldwin was not present at the glitzy show to pick up his prize as he was attending The Fairmont Banff Springs Sports Invitational charity event in Alberta, Canada. The star joined in the fun in aid of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's Waterkeeper Alliance, which aims to protect North American waterways, and raced down the slopes in a sledding contest with Robert Kennedy III.
Baldwin tells ETonline, "He's a Kennedy, which means they throw anybody down a flight of stairs to win, short of their own mother. These guys are the most competitive people. But we're here for a good cause. And I had to make a tough choice, but I wanted to come here."
More Alec Baldwin News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding