Alec Baldwin Explains Why He Missed 2010 Golden Globes
Alec Baldwin missed out on picking up an award at the Golden Globes - because he was busy taking part in a charity sledding contest in Canada. The funnyman was named Best Actor in a TV Series/Comedy or Musical for his work on "30 Rock" at the ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday, January 17.
But Baldwin was not present at the glitzy show to pick up his prize as he was attending The Fairmont Banff Springs Sports Invitational charity event in Alberta, Canada. The star joined in the fun in aid of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's Waterkeeper Alliance, which aims to protect North American waterways, and raced down the slopes in a sledding contest with Robert Kennedy III.
Baldwin tells ETonline, "He's a Kennedy, which means they throw anybody down a flight of stairs to win, short of their own mother. These guys are the most competitive people. But we're here for a good cause. And I had to make a tough choice, but I wanted to come here."
More Alec Baldwin News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic