Alec Baldwin Explains Why He Missed 2010 Golden Globes
Alec Baldwin missed out on picking up an award at the Golden Globes - because he was busy taking part in a charity sledding contest in Canada. The funnyman was named Best Actor in a TV Series/Comedy or Musical for his work on "30 Rock" at the ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday, January 17.
But Baldwin was not present at the glitzy show to pick up his prize as he was attending The Fairmont Banff Springs Sports Invitational charity event in Alberta, Canada. The star joined in the fun in aid of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's Waterkeeper Alliance, which aims to protect North American waterways, and raced down the slopes in a sledding contest with Robert Kennedy III.
Baldwin tells ETonline, "He's a Kennedy, which means they throw anybody down a flight of stairs to win, short of their own mother. These guys are the most competitive people. But we're here for a good cause. And I had to make a tough choice, but I wanted to come here."
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video and Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo