Lindsay Lohan Insists Her Scratch Has Nothing to Do With Self-Harm
Lindsay Lohan has dismissed allegations she has been self-harming to cope with spiraling depression, insisting she is in a "wonderful place mentally, physically and spiritually." The "Mean Girls" star sparked fears for her health after she was photographed with a red scratch on her inner arm in earlier January.
But she insists the mark is years old - and she's urging internet bloggers to stop speculating about her personal life because she's never been happier. She tells gossip website PerezHilton.com, "I've had that scar on my arm for a very long time now - it's funny it's just being noticed."
"I had surgery a while ago for an injury I had when I was younger, nothing having to do with depression or anything of the sort," the 23-year-old actress continues. "Now back off, people! There are more important world issues to focus on!"
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs