'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' to Shoot in Hawaii
Johnny Depp is set to give Hawaii a major industry and tourism boost - his fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie will be shot there. The islands' Governor Linda Lingle claims the film, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", will generate an estimated $85 million.
Making the location announcement on Tuesday, January 19, Lingle revealed "Nine" moviemaker Rob Marshall will direct the film on Oahu and Kauai. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has confirmed the news, stating, "We've always sought out the most extraordinary and exotic locations... (and) Hawaii provides an amazing range of both land and seascapes."
It's not the first time the "Pirates" franchise has visited Hawaii - "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" was partly shot on Maui and Molokai. It's a big movie year for the islands - Clint Eastwood's new film "Hereafter" and George Clooney's "The Descendants" will both be shot in the state.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture