'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' to Shoot in Hawaii
Johnny Depp is set to give Hawaii a major industry and tourism boost - his fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie will be shot there. The islands' Governor Linda Lingle claims the film, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", will generate an estimated $85 million.
Making the location announcement on Tuesday, January 19, Lingle revealed "Nine" moviemaker Rob Marshall will direct the film on Oahu and Kauai. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has confirmed the news, stating, "We've always sought out the most extraordinary and exotic locations... (and) Hawaii provides an amazing range of both land and seascapes."
It's not the first time the "Pirates" franchise has visited Hawaii - "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" was partly shot on Maui and Molokai. It's a big movie year for the islands - Clint Eastwood's new film "Hereafter" and George Clooney's "The Descendants" will both be shot in the state.
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass
- Liam Payne Is Unscathed After Caught in Gunfire at Club
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'