'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' to Shoot in Hawaii
Johnny Depp is set to give Hawaii a major industry and tourism boost - his fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie will be shot there. The islands' Governor Linda Lingle claims the film, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", will generate an estimated $85 million.
Making the location announcement on Tuesday, January 19, Lingle revealed "Nine" moviemaker Rob Marshall will direct the film on Oahu and Kauai. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has confirmed the news, stating, "We've always sought out the most extraordinary and exotic locations... (and) Hawaii provides an amazing range of both land and seascapes."
It's not the first time the "Pirates" franchise has visited Hawaii - "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" was partly shot on Maui and Molokai. It's a big movie year for the islands - Clint Eastwood's new film "Hereafter" and George Clooney's "The Descendants" will both be shot in the state.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'