'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' to Shoot in Hawaii
Johnny Depp is set to give Hawaii a major industry and tourism boost - his fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie will be shot there. The islands' Governor Linda Lingle claims the film, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", will generate an estimated $85 million.
Making the location announcement on Tuesday, January 19, Lingle revealed "Nine" moviemaker Rob Marshall will direct the film on Oahu and Kauai. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has confirmed the news, stating, "We've always sought out the most extraordinary and exotic locations... (and) Hawaii provides an amazing range of both land and seascapes."
It's not the first time the "Pirates" franchise has visited Hawaii - "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" was partly shot on Maui and Molokai. It's a big movie year for the islands - Clint Eastwood's new film "Hereafter" and George Clooney's "The Descendants" will both be shot in the state.
- Emma Watson Interrupted by Her 'Embarrassing' Ringtone While in Interview
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini