'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' to Shoot in Hawaii
Johnny Depp is set to give Hawaii a major industry and tourism boost - his fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie will be shot there. The islands' Governor Linda Lingle claims the film, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", will generate an estimated $85 million.
Making the location announcement on Tuesday, January 19, Lingle revealed "Nine" moviemaker Rob Marshall will direct the film on Oahu and Kauai. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has confirmed the news, stating, "We've always sought out the most extraordinary and exotic locations... (and) Hawaii provides an amazing range of both land and seascapes."
It's not the first time the "Pirates" franchise has visited Hawaii - "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" was partly shot on Maui and Molokai. It's a big movie year for the islands - Clint Eastwood's new film "Hereafter" and George Clooney's "The Descendants" will both be shot in the state.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'