Mike Tyson Says 'The Hangover' Role Turns His Life Around
Boxing icon-turned-actor Mike Tyson credits his role in movie comedy "The Hangover" with helping him turn his life around. The former heavyweight champ played himself in the 2009 hit, and he insists the job offer and the fun he had onset convinced him to clean up his act, following a series of alcohol and drug-related arrests.
Tyson tells Daily Variety, "(The movie) started me on a good path to a healthy life." Speaking backstage at the Golden Globe awards Tyson also reveals how director Todd Phillips convinced him to take the role, joking, "Todd said to me, 'This is going to be the biggest movie, you're going to get so many girls, you'll never see the like of it again."
Mike Tyson has previously starred in documentary film called "Tyson". The movie was first publicly screened at the 2008 Cannes film festival and then released on April 24, 2009. At the festival, the movie won the Regard Knockout Award.
More Mike Tyson News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March