Mike Tyson Says 'The Hangover' Role Turns His Life Around
Boxing icon-turned-actor Mike Tyson credits his role in movie comedy "The Hangover" with helping him turn his life around. The former heavyweight champ played himself in the 2009 hit, and he insists the job offer and the fun he had onset convinced him to clean up his act, following a series of alcohol and drug-related arrests.
Tyson tells Daily Variety, "(The movie) started me on a good path to a healthy life." Speaking backstage at the Golden Globe awards Tyson also reveals how director Todd Phillips convinced him to take the role, joking, "Todd said to me, 'This is going to be the biggest movie, you're going to get so many girls, you'll never see the like of it again."
Mike Tyson has previously starred in documentary film called "Tyson". The movie was first publicly screened at the 2008 Cannes film festival and then released on April 24, 2009. At the festival, the movie won the Regard Knockout Award.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl