Mike Tyson Says 'The Hangover' Role Turns His Life Around
Boxing icon-turned-actor Mike Tyson credits his role in movie comedy "The Hangover" with helping him turn his life around. The former heavyweight champ played himself in the 2009 hit, and he insists the job offer and the fun he had onset convinced him to clean up his act, following a series of alcohol and drug-related arrests.
Tyson tells Daily Variety, "(The movie) started me on a good path to a healthy life." Speaking backstage at the Golden Globe awards Tyson also reveals how director Todd Phillips convinced him to take the role, joking, "Todd said to me, 'This is going to be the biggest movie, you're going to get so many girls, you'll never see the like of it again."
Mike Tyson has previously starred in documentary film called "Tyson". The movie was first publicly screened at the 2008 Cannes film festival and then released on April 24, 2009. At the festival, the movie won the Regard Knockout Award.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal