Jennifer Lopez Shows Hosting Skill at 'Lopez Tonight'
Jennifer Lopez turned chat show host on Monday night, January 18, when she briefly stood in for comedian namesake George Lopez. The singer/actress stunned the "Lopez Tonight" studio audience, who gave her a standing ovation as she took to the stage.
And she showed off her comedy skills, joking, "Welcome to 'Lopez tonight', where nobody gets fired - they just get replaced by a bigger star with the same last name." She also poked fun at politician Sarah Palin, the late-night U.S. TV dispute between Conan O'Brien and Jay Leno, and hit another comedy mark when she quipped, "Last Friday was 'Dress your Pet in Clothes Day', or, as Latinos call it, 'Crazy white people day'."
Lopez also offered tips to women who feel they have to pay for sex after learning that Las Vegas brothel The "Shady Lady" has hired its first male prostitute. She explained, "You want a little, you're feeling it, all you have to say are those two little words: 'I'm drunk'. And it's on and it's free!" But her stint as host was short-lived - five minutes into her monologue, George Lopez ran out and took over, stating, "Welcome to Lopez Tonight in Lopez stereo."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor