Susan Sarandon Refuses 'to Look 22' in Her 60s
Susan Sarandon can't understand why actors resort to wrinkle-freezing Botox injections to maintain their looks, because she still feels "sexy" without undergoing the treatment. The 63-year-old actress refuses to follow the Hollywood trend, as she's happy with her image, and she feels it's unnatural for women to look decades younger than their real age.
She says, "I am sexy. I don't think you should try to look 22 when you are in your 60s. There is something odd about a woman who looks younger than she did 20 years ago. I'm not against anybody doing anything to themselves that makes them feel good, but aesthetically some fillers and stuff make people unrecognizable. I've never had fillers, and how can you get Botox when you're an actor?"
"I had under my chin sucked out once. I think we have to be supportive of each other, and if someone wants to get implants or tucks you hope that they will be fine and they will keep the essence of who they are and not go over the top."
And Sarandon reveals her secret to good skin is kicking cigarettes and maintaining a happy personal life. She adds, "Young actors ask me: 'Why is your skin so great; what is your product?' and all I say is: 'Stop smoking, that's the big one'."
"Laughing does a lot for the face. Do the things you enjoy. Surround yourself with good people. Denying yourself is not good for the face. You can't be a bitter, angry person. Hatred is unsexy and not great for your skin."
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester