Susan Sarandon Refuses 'to Look 22' in Her 60s
Susan Sarandon can't understand why actors resort to wrinkle-freezing Botox injections to maintain their looks, because she still feels "sexy" without undergoing the treatment. The 63-year-old actress refuses to follow the Hollywood trend, as she's happy with her image, and she feels it's unnatural for women to look decades younger than their real age.
She says, "I am sexy. I don't think you should try to look 22 when you are in your 60s. There is something odd about a woman who looks younger than she did 20 years ago. I'm not against anybody doing anything to themselves that makes them feel good, but aesthetically some fillers and stuff make people unrecognizable. I've never had fillers, and how can you get Botox when you're an actor?"
"I had under my chin sucked out once. I think we have to be supportive of each other, and if someone wants to get implants or tucks you hope that they will be fine and they will keep the essence of who they are and not go over the top."
And Sarandon reveals her secret to good skin is kicking cigarettes and maintaining a happy personal life. She adds, "Young actors ask me: 'Why is your skin so great; what is your product?' and all I say is: 'Stop smoking, that's the big one'."
"Laughing does a lot for the face. Do the things you enjoy. Surround yourself with good people. Denying yourself is not good for the face. You can't be a bitter, angry person. Hatred is unsexy and not great for your skin."
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton