Boy George Blasts Stormed-Out Report, Calling It Total Lie
Boy George has blasted a report he stormed out of a performance in London over a jibe at his camp persona. Britain's The Independent newspaper claims the singer was left unamused during cabaret show Le Clique when a performer made a sly joke about the former Culture Club frontman.
A member of the audience requested a song by rock band Queen, but instead a member of the variety troupe began singing George's classic "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" - a cheeky reference to his "drag queen" onstage image. The publication reports the star walked out following the impromptu rendition, with a source saying, "Everyone in the audience seemed to find it hilarious. He was the only one who didn't find it very funny. So, he - plus posse - left."
But George has been quick to slam the report, admitting he failed to see the funny side but insisting he did not storm out of the venue. Taking to his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Total lies! Amazing what people will say to promote themselves, I hate people sometimes! I didn't think the reference to me was funny in the show, it got zero response but I certainly was at the show till the bitter end!"
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her