Paul McCartney Loves Ricky Gervais' Golden Globe Prank
Ricky Gervais was scared he'd offended Paul McCartney when he mocked his divorce from Heather Mills onstage at the Golden Globe Awards, until the former The Beatles sought him out backstage and told him he loved it. The audience at the starstudded Hollywood bash gasped when Gervais referenced the break-up during his risque monologue.
The funnyman said, "We were on the same plane to get here. I was in first and he was behind me in coach... Well, he spent a lot of money last year." TV cameras cut away before McCartney's reaction could be seen, prompting speculation the joke upset him.
But Gervais insists the pop legend has a great sense of humor. The comedian writes on his blog, "I was worried about the Paul McCartney line but then he came backstage and hugged me and said he loved it, so that was OK."
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama