Paul McCartney Loves Ricky Gervais' Golden Globe Prank
Ricky Gervais was scared he'd offended Paul McCartney when he mocked his divorce from Heather Mills onstage at the Golden Globe Awards, until the former The Beatles sought him out backstage and told him he loved it. The audience at the starstudded Hollywood bash gasped when Gervais referenced the break-up during his risque monologue.
The funnyman said, "We were on the same plane to get here. I was in first and he was behind me in coach... Well, he spent a lot of money last year." TV cameras cut away before McCartney's reaction could be seen, prompting speculation the joke upset him.
But Gervais insists the pop legend has a great sense of humor. The comedian writes on his blog, "I was worried about the Paul McCartney line but then he came backstage and hugged me and said he loved it, so that was OK."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show