Paul McCartney Loves Ricky Gervais' Golden Globe Prank
Ricky Gervais was scared he'd offended Paul McCartney when he mocked his divorce from Heather Mills onstage at the Golden Globe Awards, until the former The Beatles sought him out backstage and told him he loved it. The audience at the starstudded Hollywood bash gasped when Gervais referenced the break-up during his risque monologue.
The funnyman said, "We were on the same plane to get here. I was in first and he was behind me in coach... Well, he spent a lot of money last year." TV cameras cut away before McCartney's reaction could be seen, prompting speculation the joke upset him.
But Gervais insists the pop legend has a great sense of humor. The comedian writes on his blog, "I was worried about the Paul McCartney line but then he came backstage and hugged me and said he loved it, so that was OK."
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction