Paul McCartney Loves Ricky Gervais' Golden Globe Prank
Ricky Gervais was scared he'd offended Paul McCartney when he mocked his divorce from Heather Mills onstage at the Golden Globe Awards, until the former The Beatles sought him out backstage and told him he loved it. The audience at the starstudded Hollywood bash gasped when Gervais referenced the break-up during his risque monologue.
The funnyman said, "We were on the same plane to get here. I was in first and he was behind me in coach... Well, he spent a lot of money last year." TV cameras cut away before McCartney's reaction could be seen, prompting speculation the joke upset him.
But Gervais insists the pop legend has a great sense of humor. The comedian writes on his blog, "I was worried about the Paul McCartney line but then he came backstage and hugged me and said he loved it, so that was OK."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'