Paul McCartney Loves Ricky Gervais' Golden Globe Prank
Ricky Gervais was scared he'd offended Paul McCartney when he mocked his divorce from Heather Mills onstage at the Golden Globe Awards, until the former The Beatles sought him out backstage and told him he loved it. The audience at the starstudded Hollywood bash gasped when Gervais referenced the break-up during his risque monologue.
The funnyman said, "We were on the same plane to get here. I was in first and he was behind me in coach... Well, he spent a lot of money last year." TV cameras cut away before McCartney's reaction could be seen, prompting speculation the joke upset him.
But Gervais insists the pop legend has a great sense of humor. The comedian writes on his blog, "I was worried about the Paul McCartney line but then he came backstage and hugged me and said he loved it, so that was OK."
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern