Inspired by 'Avatar', Director Plans to Make Next 'Star Wars' Movies in 3-D
George Lucas has been inspired by the success of James Cameron's epic movie "Avatar" - he wants to use the same technology to make 3-D versions of his "Star Wars" films. The director is keen to see the space franchise evolve, but he has so far struggled to find the right technique to create the effects he wants.
After watching Cameron's latest movie, which has so far grossed more than $1.5 billion at the worldwide box office, Lucas is hopeful he will now be able to make the films in 3-D. He tells Access Hollywood, "I liked it (Avatar). I make movies like that, (so), I can appreciate what (James Cameron) went through to do it. (I'm) happy it's so successful, and worked very well in 3-D. (I) haven't been a big fan of 3-D, but that movie definitely improves in 3-D."
"We've been looking for years and years and years of trying to take Star Wars and put it in 3-D," he adds. "But, (the) technology hasn't been there. We've been struggling with it, but I think this will be a new impetus to make that happen."
More Avatar News
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere