Inspired by 'Avatar', Director Plans to Make Next 'Star Wars' Movies in 3-D
George Lucas has been inspired by the success of James Cameron's epic movie "Avatar" - he wants to use the same technology to make 3-D versions of his "Star Wars" films. The director is keen to see the space franchise evolve, but he has so far struggled to find the right technique to create the effects he wants.
After watching Cameron's latest movie, which has so far grossed more than $1.5 billion at the worldwide box office, Lucas is hopeful he will now be able to make the films in 3-D. He tells Access Hollywood, "I liked it (Avatar). I make movies like that, (so), I can appreciate what (James Cameron) went through to do it. (I'm) happy it's so successful, and worked very well in 3-D. (I) haven't been a big fan of 3-D, but that movie definitely improves in 3-D."
"We've been looking for years and years and years of trying to take Star Wars and put it in 3-D," he adds. "But, (the) technology hasn't been there. We've been struggling with it, but I think this will be a new impetus to make that happen."
More Avatar News
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo