Pete Wentz Apologizes for Throwing Tantrum at Perez Hilton
Pete Wentz has apologized for his "hurtful" and "juvenile" outburst over comments made on Perez Hilton's website, insisting he is extra sensitive in matters relating to his young son. The Fall Out Boy star took offense to a post on the celebrity blogger's site which featured a photo of the star and 14-month-old Bronx, his only child with wife Ashlee Simpson.
The post read, "Did little Bronx Mowgli just realize his dad is douchey Pete Wentz? The father-son duo were spotted taking a walk around the streets of New York. Poor baby! We'd be crying, too!"
Wentz hit back with a post on his own blog, which allegedly read, "I don't care what you say about me or really anyone else. But don't talk about my kid. He is not as bloated or mean spirited as you, a 30-year-old former closeted bully (sic). Say it again. Slip up one time. It won't be on the Internet. I will make you less than what you are. I will break you and you won't know it's me."
The post was subsequently deleted, and Wentz has now issued an apology - vowing to curb his comments in future. He writes, "I want to apologize for snapping last night. Not in the way that I feel in the wrong. But because that's what everyone wanted. Because that's what their game is: provocation. I bit back. All I really mean is that I think kids should be off limits until they can decide whether they want to be in front of cameras."
"Since having (Bronx) I've realized that I want to make steps to being a better person in general. It's more important to me now than ever before to be a good role model. Getting so angry over something so small. Saying hostile things. Insulting people in a hurtful way is juvenile - I expect more of myself. So for that I'm sorry."
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago