Pete Wentz Apologizes for Throwing Tantrum at Perez Hilton
Pete Wentz has apologized for his "hurtful" and "juvenile" outburst over comments made on Perez Hilton's website, insisting he is extra sensitive in matters relating to his young son. The Fall Out Boy star took offense to a post on the celebrity blogger's site which featured a photo of the star and 14-month-old Bronx, his only child with wife Ashlee Simpson.
The post read, "Did little Bronx Mowgli just realize his dad is douchey Pete Wentz? The father-son duo were spotted taking a walk around the streets of New York. Poor baby! We'd be crying, too!"
Wentz hit back with a post on his own blog, which allegedly read, "I don't care what you say about me or really anyone else. But don't talk about my kid. He is not as bloated or mean spirited as you, a 30-year-old former closeted bully (sic). Say it again. Slip up one time. It won't be on the Internet. I will make you less than what you are. I will break you and you won't know it's me."
The post was subsequently deleted, and Wentz has now issued an apology - vowing to curb his comments in future. He writes, "I want to apologize for snapping last night. Not in the way that I feel in the wrong. But because that's what everyone wanted. Because that's what their game is: provocation. I bit back. All I really mean is that I think kids should be off limits until they can decide whether they want to be in front of cameras."
"Since having (Bronx) I've realized that I want to make steps to being a better person in general. It's more important to me now than ever before to be a good role model. Getting so angry over something so small. Saying hostile things. Insulting people in a hurtful way is juvenile - I expect more of myself. So for that I'm sorry."
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'