Mariah Carey's 'Control Freak' Caused by Trust Issue
Mariah Carey can understand why she's often labeled a "control freak" - because she finds it difficult to trust others. The "Hero" hitmaker has been plagued by rumors of outlandish behavior throughout her long running career, and Carey fears many people mistake her obsessive attention to detail for something more sinister.
But Carey is adamant her need to control every part of her daily life stems from her inability to trust a job to someone else. She says, "I can be thought of as a control freak. Trust is always an issue for me. It's never been easy for me to trust anybody, and that's kind of a sad thing to say, but it's true."
Her trust issue aside, Mariah Carey was recently awarded with Breakthrough Performance Award at the 21st Annual Palm Spring International Festival Awards for her role in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire." In the film, she portrays Mrs. Weiss, a social worker who supports 16-year-old Precious.
More Mariah Carey News
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?