Mariah Carey's 'Control Freak' Caused by Trust Issue
Mariah Carey can understand why she's often labeled a "control freak" - because she finds it difficult to trust others. The "Hero" hitmaker has been plagued by rumors of outlandish behavior throughout her long running career, and Carey fears many people mistake her obsessive attention to detail for something more sinister.
But Carey is adamant her need to control every part of her daily life stems from her inability to trust a job to someone else. She says, "I can be thought of as a control freak. Trust is always an issue for me. It's never been easy for me to trust anybody, and that's kind of a sad thing to say, but it's true."
Her trust issue aside, Mariah Carey was recently awarded with Breakthrough Performance Award at the 21st Annual Palm Spring International Festival Awards for her role in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire." In the film, she portrays Mrs. Weiss, a social worker who supports 16-year-old Precious.
More Mariah Carey News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'