Mariah Carey's 'Control Freak' Caused by Trust Issue
Mariah Carey can understand why she's often labeled a "control freak" - because she finds it difficult to trust others. The "Hero" hitmaker has been plagued by rumors of outlandish behavior throughout her long running career, and Carey fears many people mistake her obsessive attention to detail for something more sinister.
But Carey is adamant her need to control every part of her daily life stems from her inability to trust a job to someone else. She says, "I can be thought of as a control freak. Trust is always an issue for me. It's never been easy for me to trust anybody, and that's kind of a sad thing to say, but it's true."
Her trust issue aside, Mariah Carey was recently awarded with Breakthrough Performance Award at the 21st Annual Palm Spring International Festival Awards for her role in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire." In the film, she portrays Mrs. Weiss, a social worker who supports 16-year-old Precious.
More Mariah Carey News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival